These delightful North Pole Cupcakes are a perfect holiday treat! Easy to make with a box cake mix and topped with snowy white chocolate buttercream, candy canes, and gingerbread characters.
Table of contents
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to spread the Christmas cheer than with festive treats?
Christmas cupcakes are a beloved tradition, and our North Pole Cupcakes are here to steal the show. These delightful Christmas desserts not only look the part but also taste like a winter wonderland.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, our North Pole Cupcakes are the perfect addition to your repertoire of Christmas recipes.
The best part? We’ve taken the guesswork out of the equation by providing a simple and straightforward recipe that anyone can follow.
Picture this: moist and fluffy cupcakes infused with the essence of the season. The white chocolate adds a touch of luxury, while candy canes bring a refreshing peppermint twist.
These winter desserts are a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will have your taste buds singing with joy.
The fun doesn’t stop at the flavors. These Christmas cupcakes are a canvas for your creativity.
From the snowy white chocolate frosting to the charming gingerbread candy characters, you have the opportunity to make each cupcake a work of art. They’re perfect for holiday gatherings, school parties, or simply enjoying by the fireplace with loved ones.
In the midst of the winter chill, our North Pole Cupcakes are like a warm hug for your taste buds. So, why wait? Add these winter recipes to your holiday lineup and share the joy of Christmas desserts with family and friends.
‘Tis the season to indulge and make memories with sweet treats that capture the spirit of the North Pole.
North Pole Cupcakes: Ingredients & Equipment
To make this Christmas dessert, you will need …
For the cupcakes
- white cake mix
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- sour cream
- egg whites
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate
For the frosting
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- peppermint extract
- white chocolate
- soft candy cane sticks
- gingerbread candy characters
- pearl sprinkles
- muffin pan and cupcake liners
- mixing bowls
- hand mixer
- piping bag
How to make North Pole Cupcakes
Prepare. Preheat the oven and line muffin pans with cupcake liners and set them aside.
Make the cupcake batter. Whisk together the cake mix, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Add in water, sour cream, egg whites, vegetable oil, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything has been combined. Fold chopped white chocolate into the batter.
Fill the pan with batter. Add batter to the lined cupcake pan.
Bake and cool. Bake until the center is baked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
Prepare the frosting. Mix butter and shortening until smooth. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Add in the powdered sugar. Mix in heavy cream until you have reached the texture you are looking for.
Frost cupcakes. Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe cupcakes.
Decorate. Dip or sprinkle cupcakes with the shaved white chocolate. This will give you a snowy look. Place icing on the candy cane and a few on the side. Sprinkle shaved white chocolate on the candy cane and place it in the center of the cupcake. Add a pearl sprinkle to the top and a candy character in the “snow.”
North Pole Cupcakes: FAQs
Absolutely! They are a canvas for your creativity. You can customize them by adding different decorations, experimenting with frosting colors, or even trying out alternative flavors to suit your preferences.
They can typically be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, you can refrigerate them for up to a week or freeze them for a few months. Be sure to thaw frozen cupcakes before serving.
Yes, you can make them in advance. Bake and decorate them ahead of time, and store them appropriately to maintain their freshness. This can save you time and stress during the holiday season.
These cupcakes are versatile and can be enjoyed for various winter-themed occasions. They are perfect for New Year’s Eve parties, winter birthdays, winter weddings, or simply as a sweet treat on a chilly day. Enjoy them throughout the winter season or whenever you want to add a touch of holiday magic to your dessert table.
To achieve a professional appearance, use a piping bag and pastry tips for frosting. You can also practice your piping skills to create beautiful swirls. Additionally, consider using edible glitter or shimmer dust to add a touch of sparkle to your cupcakes.
You can display your cupcakes on a festive cupcake tower, platter, or even in individual cupcake boxes as party favors. Adding a decorative backdrop or holiday-themed tablecloth can also enhance the presentation.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- white chocolate, shaved
- soft candy cane sticks, broken in half
- gingerbread candy characters
- pearl sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add in water, sour cream, egg whites, vegetable oil, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything has been combined.
- Fold chopped white chocolate into the batter.
- Add batter into the lined cupcake pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 minutes or until the center is baked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. Mix butter and shortening until smooth, about 2 minutes, with an electric hand mixer.
- Add in milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time. If the frosting is too thick, add one teaspoon of heavy cream until you have reached the texture you are looking for. Mix frosting for another 2 minutes.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe cupcakes.
- Dip or sprinkle cupcakes with the shaved white chocolate. This will give you a snowy look.
- Place icing on the candy cane and a few on the side. Sprinkle shaved white chocolate on the
candy cand and place it in the center of the cupcake.
- Add a pearl sprinkle to the top and a candy character in the “snow.”
- North Pole Cupcakes are a canvas for your creativity. You can customize them by adding different decorations, experimenting with frosting colors, or even trying out alternative flavors to suit your preferences.
- To keep your leftover North Pole Cupcakes fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. For longer storage, refrigerate them in an airtight container or freeze them individually wrapped. Be sure to thaw frozen cupcakes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sprinkles - Confect Sprinkles for Cakes & Cupcakes Decoration Assorted pack of 5 White Princess Disco Ball Sprinkles Mix White Pearl Dragees - 3.5 Oz
Wilton 12 Count Christmas Gingerbread Icing Decorations
Wilton Christmas Penguin Royal Icing Decorations, 12 Count
Bob's Sweet Stripes Soft Peppermint Candy (Pack of 2)
Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides
Pastry Bag -50 Pack-16-Inch Extra Thick Large Cake/Cupcake Decorating Bags-Disposable Icing Piping Bags Set
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Standard Baking Cups Greaseproof Professional Grade For Cupcakes and Muffins, Red/White Stripe, Pack of 40
Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 0gSugar: 46gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.