Spread holiday cheer with this Loaded Christmas Cookies recipe! These festive treats are packed with cake mix, M&Ms, and more. Perfect for your cookie exchange!
Table of contents
Irresistible Loaded Christmas Cookies: Easy Holiday Cookie Recipes
‘Tis the season for baking up a storm and filling your home with the warm and delightful aroma of freshly baked Christmas cookies.
You’re in luck if you’re searching for an easy yet utterly delicious holiday cookie recipe! Loaded Christmas Cookies are here to make your festive season even sweeter.
The Magic of Christmas Cookies
Christmas cookies hold a special place in our hearts. They bring joy, nostalgia, and a sense of togetherness. The best part? Making and sharing them is easier than you might think, especially when you have a recipe like Loaded Christmas Cookies at your disposal.
Holiday Cookies Made Easy
The holiday season can be hectic, but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on homemade goodness. Loaded Christmas Cookies are a breeze to whip up, thanks to a clever use of cake mix as the base. This shortcut simplifies the process and guarantees a batch of perfectly moist and flavorful cookies.
A Recipe for All Skill Levels
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, these Christmas cookies are a fantastic choice. The combination of cake mix, M&Ms, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and crushed pretzels ensures every bite is a delightful mix of sweet and salty flavors. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone asking for more.
Good Christmas Cookies Recipes
When you’re on the hunt for good Christmas cookies recipes, you want something that’s tried, tested, and loved by many. Loaded Christmas Cookies fit the bill perfectly. They’re a hit at holiday gatherings, cookie exchanges, and even as thoughtful gifts for friends and family.
In the world of holiday cookie recipes, finding a balance between simplicity and scrumptiousness can be challenging. Loaded Christmas Cookies effortlessly strike that balance, making them a must-try this holiday season.
Bake up a batch of these delightful treats, and watch as they become a beloved tradition in your home. Get ready to savor the magic of Christmas cookies with this easy, crowd-pleasing recipe.
Loaded Christmas Cookies: Ingredients & Equipment
To make these easy Christmas cookies, you will need …
- vanilla cake mix – This recipe works great with various cake mix flavors, including chocolate, red velvet, and yellow cake. I recommend adding one teaspoon of vanilla extract if using yellow cake mix. When testing this recipe, I used Betty Crocker’s vanilla cake mix.
- vegetable oil
- Christmas M&Ms (red and green)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – Milk chocolate or white chocolate chips can be used instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- mini marshmallows
- crushed pretzels – You can use whatever shape or size of pretzels you have on hand. I used mini twists. The easiest way to crush the pretzels is to place them in a resealable bag and hit them a few times with a rolling pin.
- red and green sprinkle mix
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper
- hand mixer
- rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- large cookie scoop
- wire cooling rack
How to Make Loaded Christmas Cookies
Prepare oven and baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Make the cookie dough. Mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Fold in the M&Ms, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, crushed pretzels, and sprinkles.
Scoop the dough. Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets using a large cookie scoop. Leave at least two inches between each cookie, as they will spread while baking. Top the cookies with extra M&Ms and chocolate chips if using.
Bake. Bake until the edges are set.
Cool. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Loaded Christmas Cookies: FAQs
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. This ensures they stay fresh and maintain their delicious texture.
Yes, you can freeze these cookies for up to three months in an airtight container. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw them at room temperature.
The marshmallows will naturally melt as the cookies bake. To prevent excessive melting and misshaping, try to avoid having exposed marshmallows on the edge of the dough ball when scooping. If the cookies become misshapen, you can use a large cookie cutter to reshape them into circles immediately after removing them from the oven.
To achieve soft and chewy cookies, avoid overbaking. Follow the recommended baking time in the recipe (10-12 minutes), and make sure the edges are set while the centers remain slightly soft when you take them out of the oven. They will continue to set as they cool on the baking sheet.
Yes, you can make Loaded Christmas Cookies ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container, and they will stay fresh for up to five days. Just be sure to allow them to cool completely before storing.
- If you want smaller cookies, use a medium cookie scoop. Remember that smaller cookies require less baking time, so check for doneness at around 8 minutes.
- If you want to make your cookies even more visually appealing, consider drizzling melted white chocolate or colored icing over the top. You can also place additional M&Ms and chocolate chips on the cookies right after baking for a more decorative look.
- These cookies make wonderful homemade gifts. You can package them in decorative boxes, bags, or jars and share them with friends and family as a delicious and heartfelt holiday present.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) vanilla cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Christmas M&Ms (red and green)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup red and green sprinkle mix
- additional M&Ms and chocolate chips for topping cookies (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the M&Ms, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, crushed pretzels, and sprinkles.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least two inches between each cookie, as they will spread while baking. If desired, top the cookies with extra M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
- The cookies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw the cookies at room temperature before enjoying them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. Ft Total)
15-Inch Nonstick Baking Sheet
Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
3 piece Cookie Scoop Set - Small, Medium, Large
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.