These Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers are a welcome change to your typical summertime burger. Your friends and family will agree!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers
Who’s the grill master at your house? At our house, I am. Burgers are always popular in the summertime and I love changing it up and making different kinds.
We have burgers about once every two weeks from about May until September sometime …. which means I need lots of variations! Of course, we eat them throughout the year, just not as frequently as in the summer. This is one of our favorites. I hope you enjoy it as well!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Teriyaki sauce, to baste
- 8 Pineapple rings
- 8 Hamburger buns (toasted, if desired)
- Shredded lettuce
- 8 Cheddar Cheese slices
- Preheat your grill (direct grilling over high heat).
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal portions. On waxed paper, flatten each portion into thin patty shapes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the pineapple slices a few minutes on each side until it has grill marks.
- Meanwhile, place the burgers on the grill and grill for approximately 4-5 minutes. (Use your best judgement here - all grills are different!) Carefully flip and continue to cook the patties for another 3-4 minutes or until the meat is cooked through (cook to 160°). **Whatever you do - DO NOT USE A SPATULA TO PRESS THE BURGER - not with this burger or any burger!! Just my two cents! I'm sure the burger police will come after you if you don't heed my advice!** Using a basting brush, brush the burger with teriyaki sauce. Allow to cook for an additional minute or two - and baste with teriyaki sauce again. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cook until cheese melts - about 1-2 minutes. Remove the burgers from the grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving. (Now is a great time to toast your buns if you like them toasted!)
- Top each bun with a bit of mayonnaise. Add a burger patty, pineapple slice and shredded lettuce. Serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 542mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 31g
Originally published on July 26, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.