This Not Yo’ Mama’s Tuna Noodle Casserole is a step above your typical Tuna Casserole. Your whole family will love this. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Not Yo’ Mama’s Tuna Noodle Casserole
I don’t know about your family, but my family tends to eat way more casseroles in the Fall and Winter. There’s something so comforting about them. Not to mention, they typically are great budget stretchers!
This Not Yo’ Mama’s Tuna Noodle Casserole is a little bit different than the regular tuna casserole you probably remember as a kid! It gets a “grown-up” look and taste with chopped spinach and roasted red bell peppers – and the wide egg noodles have been replaced with penne pasta!
This recipe could easily be halved and baked in an 8×8 or 9×9-in. baking dish if you need to feed less people. We like it with a side salad and some kind of garlic bread or rolls! Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 package frozen, chopped spinach - thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (1.8 oz. each) Knorr leek soup mix
- 3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 can (6 oz. each) Albacore tuna, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped and drained roasted red bell peppers (from a 7 oz. jar)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13-in. casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook and drain the penne pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the soup mix and milk in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked and drained pasta, the spinach, tuna and bell peppers to the soup mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared casserole dish. Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 997mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g
Originally published on November 18, 2013. Updated on April 24, 2021.