You’ll get light, fluffy potatoes with no lumps in these Perfect Mashed Potatoes! Great for holidays or dinner year round!
For someone who has blogged for almost four years, you would think that I would have posted a recipe for mashed potatoes along time ago … I guess I just always assumed it’s one of those things people know how to make! I started getting a few questions on Facebook about how to make mashed potatoes that are light and fluffy and it got me to thinking, maybe I should do a recipe for mashed potatoes! Don’t worry, I’ve gotcha covered in another post for the Perfect Gravy, too!
I have to tell you, one of my favorite comfort foods is mashed potatoes with plenty of gravy! Don’t be stingy with the gravy, either! To be honest, it is one of my favorite things when it comes to holiday meals! I could skip everything else, but don’t even think about leaving out my potatoes!
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup milk or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and allow to simmer until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher a few times, then add the butter and milk or chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Continue to mash until smooth and fluffy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 749mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: