Full of pumpkin and spice, these Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies are perfect for Fall baking and sharing! Easy to make! #lorannobc14 #pumpkin
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies
LorAnn Oils and Flavors sent me free product in hopes that I might write about them. Any and all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I’ve got another pumpkin recipe for y’all today! I sure hope you’re not tired of them yet! 🙂 Pumpkin is my favorite seasonal flavor and I could eat it year-round! Seriously. Love it! I think my kiddos kind of dig the pumpkin craze too – they devoured these Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies in no time!
Hoping to find some leaf sprinkles for the top, but of course, I could not find any! I found tons of Halloween sprinkles, but none that were just for Fall. Bummer. Although they’re not really needed, sprinkles make food fun. Right?
Have you ever heard of LorAnn Oils and Flavors? I love the Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion and I use it quite often around Christmas! My favorite Red Velvet recipe is my Red Velvet Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting! Ah-mazing! Until recently, the Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion was the only experience I had baking with LorAnn Emulsions or Oils. When I saw the Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion, my mind went racing to the millions of things I could create or add this yummy emulsion to! The easier question might be “what can’t I add this to?” I have yet to try the oils, but I have the maple and butter rum oils thanks to my friends at LorAnn! You can bet you’ll be seeing recipes popping up with them soon – so stay tuned! 🙂
Making the cookies
I wanted to take this Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion to one of my favorite old-fashioned type cookies … My Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies! The recipe usually calls for vanilla extract – but the Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion really kicks that pumpkin spice flavor up a notch! You can substitute the emulsions in equal amounts for vanilla (or other flavored) extract in your favorite recipes. 1 tsp. emulsion = 1 tsp. extract. LorAnn’s Bakery Emulsions are gluten-free, water-based alternatives to extract flavorings. Because they are suspended in a water base instead of an alcohol base, the flavors taste true and the flavor does not “bake-out.” Please note, the Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion that I love is a bit different from the other emulsions, so be sure to read the label for usage levels! 🙂
For more recipes using LorAnn Oils and Flavors, be sure to visit my bloggy friends to see what they whipped up! They’ve got some awesome recipes!
Here is the 40+ Recipe Round-Up:
Here are some more great ideas from the Recipe Round-up:
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Lorann Oils Pumpkin Emulsion
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the pumpkin, egg and Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion. Beat until creamy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: Combine the powdered sugar, milk, butter and Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion. Add milk as needed to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 93mgFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g