This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Six Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake is easy and cheesy! #ChoppedAtHome #contest #RealCheesePeople #ad
I don’t watch a lot of TV, but one show I love is Chopped! Have you seen it? I love watching the cooks get identical baskets and turn them into completely different recipes! When I heard about this Chopped at Home contest Sargento is hosting, my first thought was, “how cool – I wanna do it!” My second thought was, “I hope I don’t have to use squid ink, chocolate bars, habanero peppers and turkey in the same dish.” Yikes! Seriously … have y’all seen some of the baskets those people get?! I would probably have a meltdown trying to figure out how to use some of those ingredients!
Luckily, following the Chopped model, the at-home dishes must include the following ingredients (can include other ingredients, but these should be the focus):
- – Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- – Boneless skinless chicken breast
- – Red bell pepper
- – Greek yogurt
Easy enough, right? Get your apron on …. because YOU can enter the Chopped at Home contest where they could win $10,000! Get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish featuring Sargento® Shredded Cheese!
Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese and it captures the authentic taste of Italy with its amazing flavor blend. It features Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Fontina, plus Romano and aged Asiago. Use it in all your traditional Italian recipes.
Just for fun, here are a few facts about Sargento ….
- Since 1953, Sargento has been a company dedicated to innovation.
- Sargento became the first company to market shredded cheese … they’ve been doing it since 1958!
- In 1968, Sargento was the first in the industry to use zippered resealable packaging
by Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
- 1 box (16 oz.) pasta – I used Mezzi Rigatoni
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed spinach, tough stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 container (5.3 oz.) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
- 1 cup reserved pasta water (get this after you boil the noodles, but before you drain the pasta)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Powered by Recipage
If you need some inspiration to get you started in the Chopped at Home contest, be sure to check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information! For more cheesy goodness, you can also find Sargento on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: