My family loves this Loaded Tater Tot Casserole! This is an easy recipe to make for your family too. Your kids will love it too!
Loaded Tater Tot Casserole
Is it casserole season yet? We’re heading into September and the temperatures are still warm here in Phoenix, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying a yummy casserole every now and then. Many of y’all are familiar with tater tot casserole – ya know the one with ground beef … but this Loaded Tater Tot Casserole is full of bacon, chicken, cheese and scrumptious from-scratch chicken gravy!
I got this idea from my bloggy friend, Sheena over at Hot Eats and Cool Reads. I immediately knew my family would LOVE this. The only thing I did different to the recipe was to add the gravy – because who doesn’t love gravy?! 😉 If you’re pressed for time, you could substitute jarred gravy if you would like – or you can even omit it completely like Sheena did.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 bag (28 to 32 oz.) frozen tater tots
- 1 jar (18 oz.) chicken gravy (or use homemade)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups leftover chicken, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream, for serving (optional)
- thinly-sliced green onions, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the tater tots in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top the baked tater tots with the gravy. Add the bacon, chicken, and cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- To serve, top individual portions with sour cream and green onions, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1104mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on August 29, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.