This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This Hash Brown Casserole is a comforting side dish that everybody loves!
I know, I know …. It’s the start of a new year and I should be sharing healthier stuff. I’ll apologize now. I really wanted to share this back in December, but things happened and I never got around to getting this up.
This dish is so popular at potlucks! When I lived in the Midwest, it was common to see someone bring Hash Brown Casserole for a grieving family after a funeral. We also saw it pretty frequently at church potlucks. My family loves Hash Brown Casserole for an occasional Sunday dinner. I hope you enjoy this casserole as much as my family does!
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup melted butter (half a stick of butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, ½ cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornflakes with ¼ cup melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and the casserole is hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 381mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: