Instant Pot Mexican Queso is perfect for game day or your next fiesta! Everyone will love this cheesy dip filled with seasoned beef, chilies, and tomatoes!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
INSTANT POT MEXICAN QUESO
You guys, this year feels like it is *flying* by! Amiright?
I cannot believe we’re already at the end of the month of October and looking at November tomorrow!! Where have the past few months gone? Seriously, where?!
As much as I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by, there are some positives. If there’s anything I love about this time of the year, it’s tailgating parties and holiday parties. Let’s be honest, it’s just an excuse to eat lots of yummy food for weeks on end. And I’m not even sorry or sad.
We usually host one tailgating party a month (sometimes two!), along with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. Whether it’s just dinner or an all-out party, you can be sure there is a smorgasbord of food. I can’t help myself – I love throwing a no holds barred shebang. One thing that is often included on game day or holiday parties is this Instant Pot Mexican Queso.
It’s such a quick and easy recipe – and people LOVE it. I mean, queso?! That says it all. It’s always a hit.
How do you make Mexican Queso?
You’ll start by browning ground beef with onion, seasoning, and tomatoes with green chilies. Add in some cheese, set the pressure cooker and let it do its thing. When it’s finished, stir … and voilà, easy peasy Instant Pot Mexican Queso.
The only thing difficult about this recipe is deciding what you want to dip in it first because you will want to dip all the things.
How do you use Instant Pot Mexican Queso?
My favorite and probably the most obvious way is as a dip for tortilla chips and cut-up veggies. I’ve been known to use it on tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and even casseroles!
Can I make Mexican Queso without an Instant Pot?
You sure can! This can be made on the stovetop in the same fashion as mentioned in the recipe. Be sure to melt the cheese over a low temperature, stirring often. You can also make this in the slow cooker. Brown the ground beef with the onion and seasoning, then transfer it to a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. At this point, it doesn’t really need to “cook” – it just needs to warm enough to melt the cheese.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons HOT taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro*Tel Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 box (32 oz.) Velveeta Original Cheese, cut into cubes
- Tortilla chips or cut-up veggies, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot on "Saute" and wait until HOT.
- Add the ground beef, onion, seasonings, green chilies, and tomatoes. Cook, while crumbling the beef, until no longer pink.
- Add the Velveeta into the pot. DO NOT STIR. Place lid on and turn vent into the sealing position.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When timer is up, preform a quick release. Open pot and immediately stir in cheese. Keep stirring until everything is well combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips or cut-up veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7.2gSaturated Fat: 4.6gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 48.5mgSodium: 1020mgCarbohydrates: 8.9gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 5.6gProtein: 18.7g