This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – this classic soup has all of the flavors you love in just a fraction of the time. It’ll be your new go-to recipe!
Table of contents
Simple Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Rich in flavor and quick to make, this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is going to be an immediate hit in your household, I guarantee it! It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it’s everyone’s favorite – so gather up your favorite veggies and some broth and get to it!
I’ve sung the praises of the Instant Pot before because it’s just that awesome of a gadget. I’ve made everything in that little knickknack. It’s so easy to use, and, as it gets colder, it’s truly heaven-sent. On a chilly day, you can use it to throw together a quick soup…like this chicken noodle soup. Or if your partner or the kids come down with a cold – same thing!! I love chicken noodle soup.
Wherever you are, I hope it’s not too cold yet. If it is, cook up this soup, and you’ll be feeling much different in no time. If it isn’t … well, homemade Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is so darn tasty you’ll forget it’s still warm out.
Let’s get started!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
** Ingredients are at a glance. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full amounts and printable recipe. **
- chicken thighs and/or breast with skin and bones
- large onion
- garlic cloves
- bay leaf
- dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- chicken stock or broth
- egg noodles
How to make Chicken Noodle Soup
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to make Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute setting.
Turn the Instant Pot to saute setting.
- Melt butter and cook onions.
When the pot is hot, melt the butter and cook the onions until softened.
- Add chicken, seasonings, and vegetables.
Add the chicken pieces, garlic, celery, carrots, bay leaf, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock.
Pour in the chicken stock.
- Close lid and set timer.
Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the sealed position. Set the Instant Pot to the SOUP or manual high-pressure setting for 10 minutes.
- Quick release.
When the cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release.
- Remove and shred.
Remove and discard the bay leaf. Take the chicken pieces out of the pot and shred them with two forks. Discard the skin and bones.
Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and bring the broth to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and cook.
Stir in the noodles and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, uncovered, or until noodles are done.
- Add chicken and season soup if necessary.
Add the shredded chicken back into the soup and stir to combine.
Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Tips for Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Here are a few pointers I picked up with this recipe!
- This recipe uses thawed chicken. For frozen chicken, you might have to adjust the cooking time.
- I know some folks use water instead of chicken broth or stock in recipes like this. You can try it, but I think the recipe benefits from the extra flavor that broth provides.
- Definitely use the “quick release” setting on your Instant Pot for the fastest results! Nothing bad will happen if you use the “natural release” setting, but you won’t be able to get it to your table in time for lunch or dinner unless you start a few hours early!! And I think the quickness of this recipe is its best selling point, don’t you?
- When you do the quick release, by the way, the steam that vents from the pot is going to be extremely, extremely hot! Be sure to protect your hand!!
- Of course, you can use an old-fashioned pressure cooker to make this soup. I love my Instant Pot!
- I wouldn’t add the noodles until the end of the recipe – you don’t want to overcook them!
- Cooking the chicken with the skin and bones will make for a much deeper, richer soup – trust me on this one. The flavor is out of this world. Definitely better than anything you’d get in a can at the store.
How did you like this recipe?
Getting all cozy as the year winds down have never been easier! Honestly, I can’t even begin to describe how much I adore this recipe – and I’m sure you will adore it, too! Tell me how tasty your chicken noodle soup was in the comments below. And if it wasn’t tasty, comment about that, too – maybe we can figure out why together. I’m always here to help!
More Instant Pot recipes on Love Bakes Good Cakes
If you’re anythign like me, you can’t get enough of your pressure cooker! Good news – I have a few more recipe suggestions for you to try:
Connect with Love Bakes Good Cakes!
If you would love a peek behind-the-scenes … check out my Instagram.
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Follow us on social media:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and/or breast with skin and bones
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- egg Noodles - about ½ bag or 2-3 cups dry
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute setting.
- When the pot is hot, melt the butter and cook the onions until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces, garlic, celery, carrots, bay leaf, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the sealed position. Set the Instant Pot to the SOUP or manual high-pressure setting for 10 minutes.
- When the cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Remove the chicken pieces and shred them with two forks. Discard the skin and bones.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the noodles to the pot and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, uncovered, or until noodles are done.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Although you can use boneless, skinless cut of chicken, cooking the chicken with the skin and bones will make for a much deeper, richer soup - trust me on this one.
- When you do the quick release, the steam that vents from the pot is going to be extremely, extremely hot! Be sure to protect your hand!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons (Fits in Spice Jar) Set of 6
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Contemporary Self-sharpening 20-piece Knife Block Set
Cutting Board Set, 15-Inch by 20-Inch by 1/2-Inch, Assorted Colors
6 Qt. Instant Pot
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.