This Grasshopper Lasagna Lush recipe is a delightful no-bake dessert that combines the irresistible flavors of chocolate and mint. This heavenly treat is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and impressing your guests at any gathering.
Table of contents
Grasshopper Lasagna Lush
Are you a fan of the classic combination of chocolate and mint? If so, Grasshopper Lasagna Lush is the dessert for you. With its layers of creamy goodness and a hint of refreshing mint, it’s a true indulgence for your taste buds.
Start with a crunchy foundation made from mint creme Oreo cookies and melted butter. This sets the stage for the rich and velvety layers to come.
The cream cheese layer is a blend of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip, creating a luscious, sweet, and tangy mixture that complements the chocolate and mint flavors perfectly.
The star of the show is the white chocolate pudding layer, infused with green gel food coloring and a touch of peppermint extract. It’s a dreamy, velvety-smooth filling that adds depth and richness to each bite.
Finally, top it all off with a generous layer of Cool Whip and a sprinkling of chopped chocolate mint Andes. The result? A dessert that’s as visually stunning as it is delicious.
Grasshopper Lasagna Lush is an excellent choice for any occasion. Whether celebrating a special event or craving a delightful chocolate and mint treat, this dessert has you covered. Plus, it’s a no-bake dessert, making it a hassle-free option for busy days.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for a delectable chocolate and mint dessert, think of Grasshopper Lasagna Lush. Its irresistible flavors and creamy layers will leave you craving more, making it a dessert you’ll want to savor again and again.
Grasshopper Lasagna Lush: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Grasshopper Lasagna Lush, you will need …
- mint creme Oreo cookies and butter – the bottom cookie crust layer.
- cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping – the cheesecake-like middle layer.
- instant white chocolate pudding mix, green gel food coloring, milk, peppermint extract – the green pudding layer.
- additional whipped topping and Andes mints – to top off the dessert.
- food processor or ziptop bag and rolling pin – to crush the cookies.
- 9×13-inch baking dish – to assemble the dessert.
- medium mixing bowls and hand mixer – to combine ingredients.
- rubber spatula – for spreading out the layers.
How to make Grasshopper Lasagna Lush
Prepare the cookie crust layer. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a few times to combine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Prepare the cream cheese layer. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar with a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping with a rubber spatula until the mixture is well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the crumb mixture. Refrigerate while preparing the next layer.
Prepare the pudding layer. In a separate medium bowl, beat the pudding mix with the milk, food coloring, and extract with a hand mixer until the mixture begins to thicken slightly. Carefully spread the pudding mixture evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer.
Top with additional whipped topping and chopped candies. Next, spread the remaining whipped topping evenly over the top of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle the chopped mints over the top.
Cover and refrigerate before serving. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Grasshopper Lasagna Lush: FAQs
Not at all! It is a no-bake dessert, which means it’s relatively easy to prepare. While it has multiple layers, each step is straightforward, making it accessible even for novice bakers.
Yes, you can make it in advance. In fact, it’s recommended to refrigerate it for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the layers to set and the flavors to meld together. Making it ahead of time is perfect for parties and gatherings.
Absolutely! While the basic recipe is delicious, you can get creative with Grasshopper Lasagna Lush. Some ideas for customization include adding crushed peppermint candies for extra minty flavor or drizzling chocolate sauce on top for a decadent touch.
If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator to keep the dessert fresh. Be sure to cover it to prevent any odors from affecting the taste. It can typically be kept in the fridge for a few days.
Absolutely! This crowd-pleaser recipe can be an excellent dessert for birthdays, holidays, potlucks, or any event where you want to impress your guests with a delicious treat.
Yes, you can adjust the quantities of ingredients to make a smaller batch if you don’t need to serve a large group. Just scale down the measurements accordingly.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 36 mint creme Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Cool Whip, divided
- 2 boxes (3.9 oz. each) of instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon green gel food coloring
- 2-1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup chopped Andes mints
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a few times to combine.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar with a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gently fold in 8 oz. of the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula until the mixture is well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the crumb mixture. Refrigerate while preparing the next layer.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the pudding mix with the milk, food coloring, and extract with a hand mixer until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Carefully spread the pudding mixture evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Next, spread the remaining 8 oz. of Cool Whip evenly over the top of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle the chopped mints over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Do not remove the cream centers from the Oreo cookies.
- If you do not have a food processor, you can use a zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.