Make Christmas morning memorable with a pan of Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls. A soft, gooey eggnog-infused cinnamon roll topped with an amazing eggnog frosting.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
Do you have any sort of family tradition that you’ve started with your family? Since my kids were little, I have always made a special Christmas morning breakfast. It’s something I’ve continued doing through the years and I’d like to think my family loves that extra special breakfast on Christmas morning just as much as I do.
Some years we have a whole spread with eggs, bacon or sausage with fun-shaped pancakes or waffles. Other times, we make a breakfast casserole with a fruit salad. And some years, I bake special treats – like these Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls.
I feel like I wait ALL YEAR just for the eggnog to hit the store shelves. Really, I wish eggnog was available all year – Dontcha agree? I love it so much that I have to pick up a few once it hits the shelves, and I’m picking up more on every grocery trip until it disappears from stores. I love to try to find new ways to use it in recipes, and of course, we drink lots of it while it’s available.
This year, these Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls will be on our Christmas Breakfast menu, along with everyone making their own omelet in a bag. I’m already so excited!
Instead of cookies and milk this year,
Brian Santa may get to indulge a bit with one of these Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls and a cup of Shamrock Farms Eggnog. ??
Other Posts You May Enjoy
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm Shamrock Farms Eggnog (110°F)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons yeast
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/3 cup melted butter
For the frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the has finished turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, cardamom, and allspice.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Evenly spread butter over the dough and sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top. Starting on the long side, roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together all of the frosting ingredients. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
If you do not have a bread machine, you can still make this recipe!
Start by dissolving the yeast in the warm eggnog in a large bowl. To the yeast mixture, add the sugar, butter, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Then pick up in the original recipe with rolling out the dough.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 2gSugar: 63gProtein: 10g