Jazz up your dinner routine with this easy and delicious Dr Pepper Glazed Salmon! Recipe includes directions for baking or grilling! #DPSFlavorTour
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Compensation was provided by Dr Pepper/Snapple via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dr Pepper/Snapple or Momtrends.
Dr Pepper Glazed Salmon
I have been on a salmon kick lately – eating it 2 to 3 times a week. Here’s the thing though, I’m really not much of a fish or seafood type person. It’s just an occasional thing … until about a month ago! 😀
We’ve had the salmon prepared all sorts of ways with this Dr Pepper Glazed Salmon or our Lemon Pepper Salmon being our faves! Today, I’m sharing the Dr Pepper Glazed Salmon and I’m hoping to share the lemon one in the future.
Back when I was a kid, I remember the old Dr Pepper commercials …. everyone who was anyone was a Pepper – and when they asked, wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper too – I wanted to be a Pepper too … just like the jingle!
I thought it would be uber tasty to come up with a sweet glaze for our salmon – and to change things up a bit – using my favorite soft drink – Dr Pepper!! Y’all are gonna love this one!!
Of course, my love of Dr Pepper comes from actually drinking it – and the cooking with it is secondary! 🙂 Dr Pepper’s Pick Your Pepper campaign is an experience of self-expression involving the nationwide distribution of hundreds of new, limited edition, custom printed Dr Pepper 20-ounce bottles. The Pick Your Pepper campaign puts the spotlight on individuality, so you can pick the label that speaks to you. I had to have the retro-looking I’m a Pepper bottle – it fits me so perfectly, don’t you think?! And, I designed a GIF to go with it! 🙂
Pick your pepper
You can explore the Hall of Labels and DIY your own #pickyourpepper GIF at www.drpepper.com/en/pickyourpepper. Whether it’s putting a dinosaur in space or a monster truck on cheetah print, the Pick Your Pepper experience gives you customization through exploration empowering you to use the label artwork to create and share 4,000 possible GIF combinations!
Be sure to have a few cold Dr Pepper’s in the cooler for a day at the beach. Grab a couple packs of Dr Pepper for your next potluck or BBQ – and get ready to use it in a tasty recipe like this Dr Pepper Glazed Salmon!
To learn more about Dr Pepper Snapple Group and its iconic brands, please visit www.DrPepperSnapple.com. You can also follow Dr Pepper Snapple Group on social media at www.Facebook.com/DrPepperSnapple or www.Twitter.com/DrPepperSnapple.
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the Dr Pepper glaze
- 2 cups Dr Pepper soft drink
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
For the salmon
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into portions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To prepare the Dr Pepper glaze:
- Pour Dr Pepper into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer (uncovered) until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small glass or bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Quickly pour into the Dr Pepper and stir constantly until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
To bake salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake, basting with Dr Pepper glaze 2 or 3 times during baking, until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
To grill salmon:
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, fish side down/skin side up. Grill for 3-4 minutes per inch of thickness on each side with the lid closed, or until the fish releases easily from the grate. Once you have flipped the fish, baste salmon 2 or 3 times during cooking with Dr Pepper Glaze. Cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 369mgFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g