This Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding is a twist on two classic recipes. You can serve this easy, versatile recipe at breakfast or dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This Cinnamon Roll Casserole is the perfect dish to share at brunch – or serve it for dessert! It ranks up there with some of our other favorite brunch casseroles like Italian Breakfast Strata, Mexican Breakfast Casserole, or Sausage Egg & Waffle Breakfast Casserole.
We especially love to serve this Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding for Easter. It comes together quickly with refrigerated cinnamon rolls. You can also use homemade cinnamon rolls that you have already cooked – or you can use up leftover cinnamon rolls from your local grocer to make something a little more fun and special!
Of course, this recipe is great all year long – so don’t think you have to wait for a holiday to enjoy it! 😉
How to make Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- refrigerated cinnamon rolls – you can also use leftover store-bought or homemade baked cinnamon rolls
- butter – feel free to use salted or unsalted
- raisins – totally optional
- large eggs – used to make the custard that binds everything together
- milk – use whatever neutral-flavored dairy or non-dairy milk you prefer
- granulated sugar – or your favorite sugar substitute
- vanilla extract – use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon – amps up the yummy cinnamon flavor so don’t skip it
- maple syrup (optional) – great if you’re enjoying this recipe as part of a breakfast or brunch
- Bake the cinnamon rolls (if necessary). Chop them up and place them in the baking dish. Add butter and raisins, if desired.
- Prepare the custard (see the full recipe below) and pour it over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake the casserole.
- Drizzle the finished casserole with icing before serving.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding FAQs
Yes, you can – BUT save the icing topping for AFTER it has thawed to avoid a mess. You will want to plan ahead when you’re ready to eat it as it will need at least 8 hours to thaw. Allowing it to thaw overnight in the fridge is best.
Yes. Once it has cooled, the pan can be covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerated for up to 3-5 days. Alternatively, you can transfer the casserole to refrigerator-safe storage containers with an air-tight lid.
Reheat any leftover portions in a preheated 350F oven for 10-20 minutes or until heated through. You can also microwave individual portions until heated through.
- Try adding a can of apple pie filling (or another flavor you like) to the casserole.
- Replace the raisin with chocolate chips. 😍
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 tubes (16 oz. each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 8 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup (optional)
- Remove the frosting from the tubes and keep them refrigerated until needed later in the recipe. Bake the cinnamon rolls according to package directions - minus the frosting. Allow the rolls to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cube the cinnamon rolls and place them in the baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat with a whisk until well mixed. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls and gently press the cinnamon rolls down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when tapped.
- Top with the reserved frosting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, drizzle individual portions with maple syrup.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Try adding a can of apple pie filling to the casserole.
- Replace the raisin with chocolate chips. 😍
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Chef Knife - 8 Inches
Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, Non-Slip, Extra Large Thick Chopping Boards, Dishwasher Safe, Non-Porous, Set of 3
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
2 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, 11.1 in. x 7.1 in. x 1.7
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 9g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on November 25, 2013. Updated on January 12, 2022.