Snickerdoodle Cupcakes are one of our favorite desserts. What could be better? Kids and adults a like will love these cookies!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Today, I’m helping my friend, Ang over at Juggling Act Mama, celebrate her birthday! A bunch of bloggers made cupcakes for her special day.
With it being Fall, I deviated a little from the pumpkin route – although I did briefly consider it – and went with a Snickerdoodle Cupcake.
Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies – I love the cinnamon-y goodness. I thought it would be fun to make a cupcake with the same cinnamon flavor to help Ang celebrate. Plus, with such a fun name, what’s not to love? It kinda sounds like a party, right?
For the cake
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz) plain white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the frosting
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin baking pan with 24 paper liners and set aside.
- Place the cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until well combined. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 more minutes more, scraping the sides down again, if needed. The batter should look well combined. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Place the pans in the oven side by side.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 15-20 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove them to wire racks to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by placing the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds. Stop the machine and add the powdered sugar, 3 tbsp. milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend with the mixer on low until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more. Blend in up to 1 tbsp. milk if the frosting seems stiff.
- Spread or pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes. Store the cupcakes, uncovered, in the refrigerator until the frosting sets, about 20 minutes.
These cupcakes can be kept, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 159mgFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
Originally published on October 1, 2013. Updated on April 24, 2021.