Put those ripe bananas to good use with this Cinnamon Banana Cake! The cinnamon, chocolate and pecans pair perfectly with the banana! Great for breakfast or dessert! #banana #cinnamon #cake
For the cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla yogurt
For the filling
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 13x9x2-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the bananas, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Next, add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and yogurt - mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Top with half of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Top with half of the pecans and half of the chocolate chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 226mgFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved