This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Challenge Butter. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for the perfect dessert? Look no further! This Old-Fashioned Cream Cheese Pound Cake is ideal for ANY occasion! #pinarecipefeedachild #fightchildhoodhunger #therealchallenge #challengebutter
This is such a favorite in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house that it is automatically on the menu for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter! I’ve had people tell me that this cake reminds them of their grandmother and her baking – it’s that good!
When it comes to simple and old-fashioned recipes like this – where ingredients can make or break a recipe – I choose products that I know can deliver on quality and taste! Challenge Butter and Challenge Cream Cheese are my choices for recipes where ingredient quality and taste make all of the difference!
Challenge Butter began one hundred years ago. Today, it is the largest butter brand in the West and is available nationwide. Its portfolio of products includes salted and unsalted versions of regular Challenge Butter, whipped, spreadable and European style. It also offers a line of spreadable butters including Italian Herb & Garlic, a Spreadable butter with Olive Oil, and a first-of-its-kind a lactose-free butter in addition to six cream cheese items. Challenge has not only been a pioneer in the quality in butter products, but is also responsible for many industry firsts including invention of the first aluminum butter churn, lab sampling of butter and shipping butter in paper rather than wooden crates.
Find Challenge online at www.challengedairy.com
Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ChallengeButter
Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/challengebutter
Instagram at www.instagram.com/challengedairyinc
I also want to mention that Challenge Dairy and UNICEF are once again joining forces to fight and raise awareness of the childhood malnutrition crisis – which results in the unnecessary loss of nearly three million young lives a year – with Challenge’s “Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” campaign. Starting today and running through December 31, 2016, every recipe pinned from Challenge Butter’s “2016 Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” pinterest board will result in a meal being donated to UNICEF for a child in need.
With nearly half of all deaths in children under 5 attributable to undernutrition, Challenge and UNICEF hope that in addition to being able to provide for malnourished children, this campaign will build awareness around this incredibly treatable and preventable crisis. Challenge has pledged to provide UNICEF up to 75,000 meals. Giving has never been so easy! With the click of a mouse, a donation can be made. And, in addition to pinning, donations can be made directly to UNICEF here.
Ready to pin? Go to Challenge Butter’s “2016 Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” pinterest board and help a child in need!
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY ENJOY:
Old-Fashioned Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Looking for the perfect dessert? Look no further! This Old-Fashioned Cream Cheese Pound Cake is ideal for ANY occasion!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Challenge Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups Challenge Butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Fresh whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh berries, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- With an electric stand mixer, cream butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and make sure each one is completely mixed in before adding the next, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Start checking for doneness at 1 hour by inserting a toothpick near the center of the cake. When it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To serve, slice cake and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of freshly whipped cream and fresh berries.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 623kcal Calories from fat 289|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||95%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|