You will surely want to try this Chocolate Upside Down Cake. There won’t be any leftovers with this one around! Try it and see!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chocolate Upside Down Cake
I got this recipe a few years ago from a former co-worker. I had almost forgotten about it until I was unpacking (Yes, I still have a few things to unpack from our move in March/April) and ran across it. I decided to go ahead and make it since I had all the ingredients on hand. You’re sure to love it! Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (18 1/4 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar and mix well. Pour into Bundt pan. Sprinkle with coconut, chocolate, pecans and marshmallows.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Carefully pour over the marshmallows. Bake according to the directions on the box for a Bundt cake or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 381mgFiber: 4gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
Originally published on August 15, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.