This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I got this recipe a few years ago from a former co-worker. I had almost forgotten about it until I was unpacking (Yes, I still have a few things to unpack from our move in March/April) and ran across it. I decided to go ahead and make it since I had all the ingredients on hand. It’s a different take on the traditional German Chocolate Cake.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (18 1/4 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar and mix well. Pour into Bundt pan. Sprinkle with coconut, chocolate, pecans and marshmallows.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Carefully pour over the marshmallows. Bake according to the directions on the box for a Bundt cake or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 381mgFiber: 4gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these