A Chicken Biscuit is a tasty option for breakfast. They’re actually a great-tasting meal for any time of the day.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Once in awhile, it’s nice to have something different for breakfast. Few things are more Southern than fried chicken and biscuits – they go hand-in-hand. Check out any chicken joint and you’ll see, chicken and biscuits were made for each other.
These make a nice breakfast or dinner! They are fairly simple to make and oh, so tasty! If you have a favorite biscuit recipe, feel free to use it instead. Personally, I love Bisquick biscuits!
For the chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp. Hot Sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Oil for frying
For the biscuits
- 2-1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- Extra Bisquick for rolling dough out
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Bisquick and milk. Mix until a dough forms. Sprinkle work surface with extra Bisquick. Turn dough out onto work surface. Roll out to about ½-in. thickness. Cut biscuits out with a 2½-in. cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 375°F. Cut each breast in half lengthwise so there are 8 thin chicken pieces total. In a pie plate, combine the hot sauce and buttermilk.
- In a separate pie plate, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture, then into the buttermilk mixture then dip back into the flour mixture - coating each side well. Place the chicken pieces in the fryer and fry until golden brown on each side, flipping once if necessary. Do not overcrowd. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Split the biscuit in half and top with one piece of fried chicken. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 617mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Originally published on November 29, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.