This Chicken Parmesan Panini is so easy to prepare, it’s almost too easy! If you have never had Chicken Parmesan like this, you should.
Chicken Parmesan Panini
I think I’ve told y’all before that Brian could live on Italian food. These Chicken Parmesan Panini’s have the great Italian flavor he loves! They’re fairly simple to make too! If you’re looking for a new sandwich idea, give them a try!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Vegetable oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1 1/2-2 cups marinara sauce (more if desired)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 sub rolls
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat about 1-inch of oil to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl or pie plate, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
- In a separate pie plate, beat the eggs and water.
- Place one piece of chicken between plastic wrap and pound it out until it is uniform in thickness. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then shake into the crumb mixture, coating well.
- Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, turning to cook all sides if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- Split the sub rolls in half. Top the bottom portion of the roll with a piece of chicken. Divide the marinara and cheese evenly between the 6 sandwiches. Place the top portion of the roll on top.
- Preheat your panini press according to manufacturer's directions. Place your sandwich on the panini press and cook according to manufacturer's directions. Remove from the press and cut sandwich in half. Serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 925Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 407mgSodium: 1476mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 91g
Originally published on August 2, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.