This Chicken and Corn Chowder is quick and easy to put together, making it perfect for weeknights! With it’s simmered all day taste, it’ll be a family favorite!
I’m such a big fan of soup and I look forward to cooler weather so we can enjoy it more often! So many of the soup recipes I have take several hours to prepare – and most days, that’s okay. However, there are some days when we need something quick, easy, and delicious!
I’ve had this Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe for years and it’s one of my favorite recipes to use when I don’t have a lot of time, but crave the comfort of a warm bowl of soup! I usually use leftover chicken in this recipe but if you don’t have any leftovers – don’t fret … this recipe is still just as easy! It’ll take only a few minutes to brown up some chopped up chicken pieces before proceeding with the rest of the recipe!
On nights when I have more time, I will skip the store-bought condensed cream of chicken soup and make my homemade version. It’s easy to make – note that the following condensed soup substitute makes enough for about ONE can of condensed soup, so for the Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe below, you will need to double this!
To make condensed soup substitute: Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in 3 tbsp. flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. While continuously stirring, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a low boil, continuing to stir until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste. Use in place of canned cream of “whatever kind” of soup. You can also add herbs, celery or mushrooms.
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 3-4 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions until they are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the condensed cream of chicken soup, milk, and rosemary. Stir in chicken and corn. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all ingredients are heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 648mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: