Fire up the grill for this Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger! Don’t let summer pass you by without trying this recipe! #12bloggers
If you read my Copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade post yesterday, then you know that Red Robin is one of my family’s favorite restaurants! I mentioned that we don’t eat out often, but when we do, we love to get our Red Robin fix! Although I could never choose a favorite burger there (I love them all!), I knew I wanted to share a copycat version of Red Robin’s Whiskey River BBQ Burger as soon as I found out about that this month’s #12blogger theme was burgers! It was the first burger I ever had there and it was the meal that made me a fan forever! Of course, the Freckled Lemonade was pretty awesome too!
So, what is the #12bloggers you ask? It’s a group of 12 insanely talented food bloggers that share a themed recipe on the 12th of each month with 12 ingredients or less! Pretty cool, huh?! And let me tell you, the #12bloggers rocked some delicious burgers this month! You might wanna get a napkin now for the drool you’ll have later! Be sure to read all the way to the end of the post to see all of the great creations!
Plan ahead a little with the Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce – it tastes best when the ingredients have had time to play together for about 12-24 hours. I have included the links for the BBQ sauce and the onion rings in the recipe and again at the end of the post. Of course, if you’re gonna create a copycat Red Robin burger, you might as well make a copycat Freckled Lemonade too …. I’ve included that link at the end of the post too! Enjoy!
Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger
Fire up the grill for this Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger! Don't let summer pass you by without trying this recipe!
- 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- Oil, for brushing on burgers
- 6 seeded hamburger buns
- 12 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Onion Rings - Thin & Crispy
- Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices tomato
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Preheat a gas grill over high heat or a charcoal grill until it glows bright orange and ashes over.
- While the grill preheats, divide and shape the ground beef into 6 patties. Brush the burgers lightly with oil.
- Grill the burgers until browned and slightly charred on the first side (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the burgers over and continue to cook until desired doneness - about 4 minutes for medium rare, longer for a more done burger. Drizzle burgers with Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce and place one slice of cheese on each burger. Cook an additional minute or until the cheese just begins to melt. Remove from the heat and set aside while you assemble the burgers.
- To assemble the burger, spread the cut side of both parts of the bun with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise on each half. Place Onion Rings on top of the cut side of the bottom bun portion. Add the burger with sauce and cheese. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Replace the top bun over the top of the sandwich. Serve!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 867kcal Calories from fat 615|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 68g||105%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Sweet Potato Teriyaki Burger from A Million Moments
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
Onion Rings – Thin and Crispy
Copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade