The BBQ sauce was perfect for this BBQ Chicken Bacon Pasta Bake. My family loved this tasty casserole and I hope yours does as well!
BBQ Chicken Bacon Pasta Bake
It is a wonderful, sweet and tangy sauce. We tried it on our grilled chicken one night and it was wonderful. I imagine it would be great on any of your grilled meats – even your grilled veggies! Of course, I knew I wanted to do a little something more than just grill with it. I pondered the idea for awhile and then the idea came to me. I wanted to make a pasta dish with the BBQ sauce … And this BBQ Chicken Bacon Pasta Bake was born. (I also made another dish using their sauce – and that recipe will be coming to the blog too! I’ll even give ya a hint – it has something to do with cornbread!)
We served it up with a spinach salad and rolls. The BBQ sauce was just enough without being overpowering. My family loved this tasty casserole and I hope yours does as well!
(For the record, I hate this daylight savings time/not daylight savings time stuff …. by the time dinner rolls around now, it is completely pitch-black dark outside. I am trying to find a way to rectify the lack of natural lighting, so please bare with me while I figure out how to make my pictures turn out not so dark.)
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) cooked, chopped chicken
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound pasta (I used bow-tie)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Dimples BBQ Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine the flour, milk, cream of chicken soup, BBQ sauce and garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in half of the cheese. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Return the pasta to the cooking pot and stir in chicken, bacon and soup mixture. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 859Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1115mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 40g
Originally published on November 21, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.