Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taquitos make a perfect appetizer or meal idea! Easy to make! #chicken #jalapeno #taquitos #baconmonth #putsomepiginit
My family loves Mexican and Southwest-style food. There are a few different varieties we enjoy … this Jalapeno Popper Chicken taquitos recipe is just one of many! I’m sure I’ll be sharing some of the other taquitos recipes throughout football season! 😉
I’m going to keep the intro short and sweet today, so let’s just get to the recipe! 🙂
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taquitos
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taquitos make a perfect appetizer or meal idea! Easy to make!
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas (warmed)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt (optional)
- Salsa or guacamole, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x11-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, Cheddar, bacon and jalapeno until thoroughly combined. Spoon 2-3 tbsp. of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Make sure the taquitos are not touching. Lightly brush each taquito with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the taquitos are crisp and golden brown.
4. Serve hot with salsa or guacamole.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 318kcal Calories from fat 168|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget that August is Bacon Month! We’re giving away a bacon-themed cook book each week! Enter in the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win! 🙂
Other Posts You May Enjoy: