Whether for a weekend brunch or a weeknight dinner, these Banana Fluffernutter Crepes are delicious and easy!
Confession … I never had crepes as a child. Seriously. Apparently, I had a very deprived childhood. I was in my 30’s (*GASP*) before I had my first bite of a crepe!! As a matter of fact …. These Crepes with Walnut Cream and Caramel Sauce from my bloggy friend, Linda – made me realize just how deprived I was! It has only been in the last year that I have tried them – and I still can’t figure out why I never had them before?! They’re so easy to make – they’re pretty cheap – and you can literally fill them with almost anything – sweet or savory!!
One of our favorite varieties of fillings for crepes is actually a spin off of a favorite sandwich – the fluffernutter. Super delish!
Surprise your family with a fun weekend brunch – or have something a little bit different for dinner one night! These Banana Fluffernutter Crepes are sure to be a hit!
For the crepes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tsp. butter
For the filling
- Creamy peanut butter
- Marshmallow creme
- Sliced bananas
For the garnish
- Chocolate sauce
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (click the link to see my simple homemade recipe!!)
- Additional banana slices
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and eggs. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 tsp. butter over medium heat. Pour 2-3 tbsp. of the batter into the center of the pan. Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly with the batter. Cook until the top appears dry, carefully turn with a spatula and cook an additional 15-20 seconds longer.
- Remove the crepe to a wire rack. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding butter to the skillet as needed.
- Top each crepe with peanut butter, marshmallow creme and sliced bananas. Roll up and carefully place on a plate. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Add a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. Top the sweetened whipped cream, then with an additional banana slice, if desired.
To store crepes:
- Once the crepes have cooled, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels between them.
- Refrigerate and use within 2-3 days. Fill with desired filling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: