This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
These Strawberry & Lemon Cream Crepes make a great breakfast or dessert! Easy and delicious recipe!
Some of you may remember that I was kinda late to the crepes game. I don’t ever remember eating crepes when I was growing up, although, I had heard of them. When I first started blogging, it seemed like everyone was making crepes and they all looked so beautiful and sounded almost like having a dessert for breakfast.
If you’ve read Love Bakes Good Cakes for awhile, you may recall that I made my very first crepes recipe back in March of 2014 … Banana Fluffernutter Crepes. They were a combination of some of my favorite things – bananas, chocolate, marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Since that first attempt, I have made quite a few varieties – all of them being on the sweet side.
I haven’t tried a savory variety of crepes yet …. I think that says something about me. I obviously like my sweets. A lot. Making a savory version of crepes is on my list of things to do this year …. just so ya know!
These Strawberry & Lemon Cream Crepes would make a great addition to a weekend breakfast …. and they could easily be served as a dessert too! My first thought when I made these crepes, was that they would be perfect for Mother’s Day … that is coming up soon, ya know?!
As a matter of fact, all of the recipes from the #12bloggers would be great for Mother’s Day brunch. That’s right – it’s the 12th of the month, so that means you get 12 themed recipes from 12 different bloggers! This month, we’re sharing brunch recipes! Be sure to check out this post all the way to the end to see all of the great recipes!
For the crepes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tsp. butter
For the filling
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped strawberries
For the garnish
- Additional Lemon Cream Sauce
- Additional strawberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and eggs. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 tsp. butter over medium heat. Pour 2-3 tbsp. of the batter into the center of the pan. Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly with the batter. Cook until the top appears dry, carefully turn with a spatula and cook an additional 15-20 seconds longer. Remove the crepe to a wire rack. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding butter to the skillet as needed.
- Place the lemon curd and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
Top each crepe with lemon cream sauce and chopped strawberries. Roll up and carefully place on a plate. Add a dollop of lemon cream sauce. Top a sliced strawberry, if desired.
To store crepes:
Once the crepes have cooled, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels between them. Refrigerate and use within 2-3 days. Fill with desired filling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 207mgSodium: 135mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 10g
Don’t forget to stop by and see what my bloggy friends made for brunch ….
Other Posts You May Enjoy: