Use those overripe bananas on the counter to make this delicious and simple one-bowl Banana Bread! Family approved recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream of vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream, bananas, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into the banana mixture. Stir just until smooth. If desired, stir in walnuts. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 286mgFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: