Why buy the bottled stuff when it’s quick and easy to make your own Homemade Chocolate Sauce at home? Great way to make chocolate milk or serve it on ice cream or other desserts!
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Have you ever put something on your grocery list only to get to the store and realize it’s not on the shelf?! Ughhhh …. isn’t that the worst? That happened to me a few years ago when I needed some bottle chocolate sauce. I lived in a small town in the Midwest at the time, it was winter and I didn’t want to drive to the other side of town to another store just for chocolate sauce. I had to find a way to improvise and ran across this recipe that I have been using ever since!
My kiddos go gaga for this stuff! I love that it’s easy to make with things I already have on hand! Whether you use it for chocolate milk, on ice cream or in your favorite desserts, there’s no denying how delicious and versatile this homemade chocolate sauce is! Enjoy!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often. Remove from the heat and add vanilla. Allow to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate. Use within 10-14 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 731Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 156mgFiber: 8gSugar: 157gProtein: 8g