Savor the flavors of autumn with this irresistible Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix! A delightful blend of rice cereal, caramel popcorn, pecans, and spices come together for a quick and easy snack. Perfect for gatherings or cozy nights in, this Chex mix is a fall favorite that’s both delicious and fuss-free. No oven is required!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Chex Mix
If you’re yearning for a scrumptious autumn snack that is both easy to make and filled with fall flavors, look no further than this quick and easy Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix recipe.
This recipe stands out for its ease and convenience, thanks to the use of an air fryer. Say goodbye to preheating your oven and waiting impatiently; the air fryer gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
What makes this Chex mix irresistibly delicious is the blend of ingredients it features. From the crunch of rice cereal and pretzels to the sweet notes of caramel popcorn and cinnamon rolls cereal, every bite offers a unique taste experience.
But the flavors don’t stop there. The mix is seasoned with a mouthwatering array of spices, including pumpkin spice, allspice, and cinnamon. White chocolate chips, toffee bits, and a hint of maple extract round out the flavors, creating a snack that captures the essence of fall in every bite.
Substitutions are easy, so if you can’t find specific ingredients like cinnamon roll cereal, you can still craft a delicious mix by opting for other fall-inspired cereals. Likewise, while pecan halves add a nutty flavor and crunchy texture, feel free to experiment with other nuts like almonds or walnuts.
This Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix is an unbeatable choice for anyone seeking to savor the flavors of the season without any of the fuss. Whether you’re planning an autumn-themed gathering or just craving a delicious snack, this recipe is sure to satisfy.
Fall Chex Mix: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix, you will need …
- rice cereal, pretzels, caramel popcorn, cinnamon rolls cereal, pecan halves, and toffee bits – all the yummy pieces that combine to make you fall Chex mixture.
- white chocolate chips – you will use some of these as mix-ins for the Chex mix. And, you will also need some for melting and drizzling over the top.
- butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, maple extract, allspice, and cinnamon – combine to give your snack mix the cozy taste of fall.
- microwaveable bowl – to combine the butter and seasonings.
- large bowl and rubber spatula – to mix the ingredients.
- air fryer – to “bake” the Chex mix in.
How to make Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix
Prepare the butter and seasoning mixture. In a microwavable bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, allspice, cinnamon, and maple extract. Whisk and place in the microwave until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
Combine ingredients. In an extra-large bowl, add the rice cereal, cinnamon roll cereal, mini pretzels, and pecan halves. Pour the melted butter mixture over the top and stir everything together until well combined.
Cook. Place the mixture in the air fryer and cook, shaking every few minutes.
Cool and add ingredients. Remove the mixture from the air fryer and allow it to cool in a large bowl. Once cool, add white chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Add an additional 1 cup of white chocolate chips to a small microwavable bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex mix and allow it to cool.
Serve. Serve and enjoy.
Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix: FAQs
You can store this Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix in a sealed container or in gallon-sized Ziplock bags at room temperature for up to 5 days. Note, while best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
No worries! If you can’t find cinnamon roll cereal, you can use any fall-flavored cereal you like. Even regular Cheerios or Corn Chex can work in a pinch.
While the air fryer provides quick and efficient results, you can also make this Chex mix in a conventional oven. The bake time and temperature would need to be adjusted accordingly.
Absolutely! Feel free to add additional items like caramel chips, M&M’s, or even dried fruit to make the mix your own.
While parchment paper isn’t a must, it helps ensure that the mix doesn’t stick to the air fryer basket, making for easier cleanup.
While maple extract adds a special touch of autumn to the mix, it can be optional or substituted with vanilla extract if you don’t have it on hand.
Your Chex mix should be crispy and golden brown. Make sure to shake the basket every 3 minutes during air frying to ensure even cooking.
If you like your Chex mix with a kick, consider adding a dash of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika to the spice mix.
Certainly! If you’re serving a larger crowd, feel free to double the ingredients. Just make sure your air fryer has enough capacity, or fry the mix in batches.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 cups rice cereal squares
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups caramel popcorn
- 2 cups cinnamon rolls cereal (ex. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rolls)
- 2 cups pecans halves
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a microwavable bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, allspice, cinnamon, and maple extract. Whisk it together and place it in the microwave in 30-second intervals until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- In an extra-large bowl, add the rice cereal, cinnamon roll cereal, mini pretzels, and pecan halves. Drizzle the melted butter mixture evenly over the top and stir everything together.
- Place the mixture in the air fryer and cook at 300°F for 10-12 minutes, shaking every 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the air fryer and allow it to cool in a large bowl.
- Once cooled, add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and the toffee bits. Stir to combine.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the remaining white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Immediately drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex mix and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy.
- You can store this Air Fryer Fall Chex Mix in a sealed container or in gallon-sized Ziplock bags at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- While best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze this Chex mix it in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- If you're serving a larger crowd, feel free to double the ingredients. Just make sure your air fryer has enough capacity, or fry the mix in batches.
- To make cleanup easier, try lining your air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.
- While the air fryer provides quick and efficient results, you can also make this Chex mix in a conventional oven. To make this recipe in the oven - bake the mixture at 250°F for 40 minutes. Stir Chex mix halfway through to make sure everything is baked evenly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.