These Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting combine 2 of my favorite ingredients – pumpkin and Nutella! This is a must make recipe! #pumpkin #Nutella #fallbaking
Can you believe it’s officially the first day of Fall?! Like, we’re almost through September and into October “Fall” …… I don’t know about y’all, but I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around how fast this year has gone by. Over the weekend, Brian actually asked me about the Christmas tree – and where I might want to put it this year since we’ve added more furniture to our house!!! I am soooo NOT ready to even think about that yet! #slowdowncowboy
Since temperatures are starting to cool off around most of the country, I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite Fall recipes with y’all – Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting! If you take a look around the internet right now, you can see that everybody has their mind on pumpkin or apple recipes – me included! Traditionally, Pumpkin Bars have a cream cheese frosting – and while that is ok, I much prefer a Nutella frosting. Everywhere I share these yummy bars, they’re a hit! I even had the kiddos take some of these yummy bars to our neighbor, Alyce! 🙂 I mean, how can you go wrong with pumpkin AND Nutella?!
I originally shared these yummy Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting over at Cooking on the Front Burner a few weeks ago, but brought them back over here to share with y’all! I hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting
These Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting combine 2 of my favorite ingredients - pumpkin and Nutella!
For the Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For the Nutella Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves. Add the eggs, pumpkin and oil. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once the bars have cooled, prepare the frosting by creaming the butter, Nutella and milk in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the frosting is thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- Spread or pipe the frosting over the cooled bars. Cut into bars to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 176kcal Calories from fat 86|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: