These Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting combine 2 of my favorite ingredients – pumpkin and Nutella! This is a must make recipe! #pumpkin #Nutella #fallbaking
Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Can you believe it’s officially the first day of Fall?! Like, we’re almost through September and into October “Fall” …… I don’t know about y’all, but I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around how fast this year has gone by. Over the weekend, Brian actually asked me about the Christmas tree – and where I might want to put it this year since we’ve added more furniture to our house!!! I am soooo NOT ready to even think about that yet! #slowdowncowboy
Since temperatures are starting to cool off around most of the country, I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite Fall recipes with y’all – Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting! If you take a look around the internet right now, you can see that everybody has their mind on pumpkin or apple recipes – me included! Traditionally, Pumpkin Bars have a cream cheese frosting – and while that is ok, I much prefer a Nutella frosting. Everywhere I share these yummy bars, they’re a hit! I even had the kiddos take some of these yummy bars to our neighbor, Alyce! 🙂 I mean, how can you go wrong with pumpkin AND Nutella?!
Originally I shared these yummy Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting over at Cooking on the Front Burner a few weeks ago, but brought them back over here to share with y’all! Hope you enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For the Nutella Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once the bars have cooled, prepare the frosting by creaming the butter, Nutella, and milk in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the frosting is thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- Spread or pipe the frosting over the cooled bars.
- Cut into bars to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.