Ditch the canned stuff! This Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is perfect with all kinds of cakes! With only 3 ingredients, it is sure to become a family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Strawberries have been on sale here in the Phoenix area for a few weeks now and my family has thoroughly enjoyed them in soooo many recipes! I know that strawberry season will be ending soon – and I couldn’t let it pass us by without sharing this yummy and simple Strawberry Buttercream Frosting!
I love this frosting on white, yellow and chocolate cake … and I’m not gonna lie, I love a spoonful before it goes on the cake! It’s just too delicious and tempting to not sneak a bite! I have used this frosting for birthday cakes and it’s great for any summer get-together!
I will note that since this recipe uses fresh fruit, you may need to adjust the ratio of fruit and powdered sugar for this recipe! My strawberries were so juicy that I needed about an extra 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar for these pictures. If your frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If your berries aren’t lending very much juice, you may need a few additional berries. Also, putting the decorated cake in the refrigerator after decorating will help the frosting set up better, especially if it is a layer cake!
What’s your favorite frosting flavor? Leave your answer in the comments!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries, with their juices (plus more if needed)
- Additional powdered sugar (only if needed)
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Stop the machine and add in the powdered sugar and strawberries. Beat on low until the mixture is creamy and well combined. If the frosting is too thick, add more strawberries until desired consistency is reached. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Use to frost your choice of cake or cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 912Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 8mgFiber: 1gSugar: 160gProtein: 0g