Let your slow cooker do the work! With ingredients like – chicken, tomatoes, carrots, onion and hominy in a zesty and flavorful broth – this Slow Cooker Chicken Posole is big on Mexican flavors!
Slow Cooker Chicken Posole
Let your slow cooker do the work! With ingredients like - chicken, tomatoes, carrots, onion and hominy in a zesty and flavorful broth - this Slow Cooker Chicken Posole is big on Mexican flavors!
- 1 can (15 oz.) yellow or white hominy, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz.) mild green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3-4)
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a 4 qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, carrots, onions, garlic and cumin.
- Add the uncooked chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Stir chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Serve in bowls. Top with cilantro, if using. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 357kcal Calories from fat 54|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved