Like many moms, I keep blue boxes of mac n’ cheese on hand. My kids love it. It’s a favorite in our house along side grilled hot dogs and baked beans! As a matter of fact, you can almost guarantee 9 times out of 10, if we’re having hot dogs at our house, mac n’ cheese and baked beans are on the menu with them!
While there’s nothing wrong with plain ol’ mac n’ cheese, I like to mix things up sometimes! This is a great meal idea for when time is tight …. the whole thing can be done in about 20 minutes! Not to mention, it’s fairly budget-friendly! Serve it with a salad or a veggie, maybe some fruit, and you’re good to go!
BBQ Beefy Mac
While there's nothing wrong with plain ol' mac n' cheese, I like to mix things up sometimes! This is a great meal idea for when time is tight .... the whole thing can be done in about 20 minutes! Not to mention, it's fairly budget-friendly! Serve it with a salad or a veggie, maybe some fruit, and you're good to go!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz. each) Macaroni and Cheese dinner
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions, chopped
- In a skillet brown and crumble the ground beef with onion until the meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add the butter, milk, BBQ sauce, cheese and cooked ground beef. Mix well. Add half of the bacon and stir to combine.
- To serve, top each portion with remaining bacon and green onions.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1193kcal Calories from fat 731|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 81g||125%|
|Saturated Fat 39g||195%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|