While there’s nothing wrong with plain ol’ mac n’ cheese, I like to mix things up sometimes! This BBQ Beefy Mac is awesome!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
BBQ Beefy Mac
Like many moms, I keep blue boxes of mac n’ cheese on hand. My kids love it. It’s a favorite in our house along side grilled hot dogs and baked beans! As a matter of fact, you can almost guarantee 9 times out of 10, if we’re having hot dogs at our house, mac n’ cheese and baked beans are on the menu with them!
While there’s nothing wrong with plain ol’ mac n’ cheese, I like to mix things up sometimes! This is a great meal idea for when time is tight …. the whole thing can be done in about 20 minutes! Not to mention, it’s fairly budget-friendly! You can serve this BBQ Beefy Mac with a salad or a veggie, maybe some fruit, and you’re good to go!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz. each) Macaroni and Cheese dinner
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions, chopped
- In a skillet brown and crumble the ground beef with onion until the meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add the butter, milk, BBQ sauce, cheese and cooked ground beef. Mix well. Add half of the bacon and stir to combine.
- To serve, top each portion with remaining bacon and green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1193Total Fat: 81gSaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1187mgFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 49g