Bring tasty, tropical island flavors to your house with this Rum Punch Cocktail! You’ll have a hard time forgetting you’re not on the beach.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Rum Punch with Bacardi
Bring a load of beautiful island flavors to your house with this Rum Punch! You’ll have a hard time forgetting you’re not on the beach.
I’m ready for the beach, aren’t you?! At the time of writing, it’s starting to get pretty warm here (Eastern NC). All of this extra sunshine makes me energized to go outside!
To get into the mood for summer in general, I’ve been making a lot of tropical recipes. Think anything Hawaiian and anything with a lot of coconuts, as well as a dash of seafood here and there.
As a treat, I’ve also been putting together some of this rum punch for myself, too! It’s a delicious cocktail made with pineapple, orange, and lime juice, as well as white and dark rum and grenadine. Delicious!
What’s nice about this rum punch is that you can make it for a crowd, too, or leave the rum out for a kid-friendly mixture.
All in all, it’s a great way to kick off summer (and beach weather)!! This is one of the best drinks to get into the spirit of all things summer! Enjoy!
Rum Punch: Ingredients & Equipment
To make this Rum Punch recipe, you’ll need …
- pineapple juice, orange juice, and lime juice – your tropical flavors! Use your favorite brands, though if you can somehow make these at home, I highly recommend it. Fresh juice tastes marvelous in rum punch!
- white rum, dark rum – your alcohols in this recipe! White rum ages for a shorter time than dark rum, and in a different kind of barrel, too. Leave them out of the recipe and substitute them with a club soda, lemon-lime soda. or ginger ale if you want a kid-friendly or non-alcoholic punch.
- grenadine – this is a kind of reddish syrup that many cocktails use! It’s made from pomegranates. As with the juice, you can buy it or make your own.
- ice – we all know most cocktails are best served cold!
- garnish – optional!! Use pineapple chunks, cherries, lime or orange wedges, etc.
NOTE: You can also make this Rum Punch Cocktail into a slushie if you put it in the blender with some ice! 😍
- cocktail shaker – to mix all your ingredients!
Rum Punch: FAQs
Just one! You’ll want to make a few batches if you want enough for friends and family. Alternatively, you can double/triple/etc the recipe and throw it in a punch bowl!
It is!! I say it’ll stay in the fridge well for up to a day if you have a get-together coming up. If you’re going to garnish the punch or add fruit to the bowl, I wouldn’t do that until you’re ready to serve it.
Oh yes!! This tastes MARVELOUS with juice-flavored ice! Especially the pineapple juice.
Although keep in mind it stops being rum punch after that, of course. 😉 Vodka’s good, or if you want to add a little something but keep it non-alcoholic, club soda, lemon-lime soda, or ginger ale is quite tasty too!
Honestly, I like this punch as-is! However, I’ve made it before using coconut rum for a SUPER tropical treat. Not everyone likes the taste of coconut though! Some people also like to throw in bitters, like the typical Angostura bitters you see in a lot of cocktails.
Like most great cocktails, less than five minutes!! You’re just mixing it up in a shaker.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1.25 ounce white rum
- 1.25 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- pineapple chunks, cherries, citrus slices, for garnish (optional)
- Add all of your ingredients into a drink shaker, including ice.
- Secure the shaker lid and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Then, strain the punch into an ice-filled glass.
- If desired, garnish with pineapple chunks, cherries, and citrus slices, and enjoy!
- You can also make this Rum Punch Cocktail into a slushie if you put it in the blender with some ice! 😍
- Want to make this into a mocktail? Leave all of the alcohol out of the recipe and substitute them with club soda, lemon-lime soda, or ginger ale if you want a kid-friendly or non-alcoholic punch.
- The flavor of this drink is amped up when you use freshly-squeezed juice!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.