The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat® Bread.
Make the classic Roast Beef Sandwich perfect with the addition of Horseradish Mayonnaise! Great for lunch or a fuss-free dinner!
With back-to-school just around the corner, I have been focusing on easy meal ideas. This Roast Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayonnaise recipe would be perfect for lunch or dinner! Our sandwiches get off to the perfect start with Oroweat® bread. The 100% Whole Wheat and Jewish Rye are my favorites, while my little ones enjoy the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
I have to tell you, growing up, I was never a fan of horseradish. Now that I’m older, I have learned that it really pairs well with beef and when used in moderation, it’s not so bad! 🙂 I think the horseradish-mayonnaise is what really sets this sandwich apart from a regular roast beef sandwich! I hope you’ll give it a try!
For reference, please note that Oroweat® bread is available across the Western U.S. and can be found in the Midwestern U.S. as Brownberry® bread and in the Eastern U.S. as Arnold® bread.
All of Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain/are:
- 3 to 4 grams of fiber per slice or thin
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Cholesterol free
The newly launched Oroweat® Healthfull® bread varieties contain/are:
- Made with 100% whole grains
- Good source of fiber
- 80 calories per serving
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Heart healthy
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
Health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads or Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
Information about the “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest:
Oroweat® Bread is excited to launch the second annual “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Oroweat® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads, including the new Healthfull® bread varieties, or any of the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites)
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “Open-Face Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals announce their ingredients—like sharp cheddar or tasty tuna— sans second slice, highlighting bold colors and textures)
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutritious breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends)
- “Love, Healthfully” (celebrate our new Healthfull® Breads with innovative recipes that play off nuanced, foodie-approved ingredients like honey, flax and sunflower seeds)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 23rd, online consumer voting will take place September 21st – October 18th, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
Oroweat® bread will donate one loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the 2015 “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
TERMS & CONDITIONS: this giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and over and ends at 11:59pm EST on August 5th, 2015. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. Number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Approximate retail value is $40.00. One winner will be selected. This is a giveaway sponsored by Oroweat® Bread. All liabilities and responsibilities with product is directly responsible by Oroweat®. Winner will drawn by random.org from all verified entries, contacted by email provided, and announced on this page at the end of the contest. Winner has until August 6th, 2015 at 11:59 pm Eastern time to respond or prize will be forfeited. Alternate winners will not be drawn. Entrant is responsible for the email address they provide, whether through typing it directly or through the Facebook entry method. Love Bakes Good Cakes is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. No prize substitutions allowed. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and we hereby release Facebook of any liability. Information is provided to Love Bakes Good Cakes, not to Facebook and your information is never sold or shared. Facebook is not a sponsor of this giveaway. Prize is mailed or emailed directly by Oroweat® Bread or their affiliates. Protected tweets do not count as an entry method for tweeting. Tweets must come from a public account. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
For the Horseradish Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish
For the sandwich
- 8 slices Oroweat Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 lb. thinly sliced deli-style roast beef
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and prepared horseradish. Mix well.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with horseradish-mayo mixture. Divide the roast beef between the slices of bread. Top with cheese, tomato and lettuce. Place one slice of bread on top of each sandwich. Cut in half, if desired. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 741mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: