Transform your morning routine with this scrumptious Pumpkin Spice French Toast. Packed with fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, maple, and pumpkin puree, it’s a must-try seasonal treat.
Table of contents
Pumpkin French Toast
Fall is almost here, and there’s no better way to celebrate the season than with delicious pumpkin breakfast recipes. One standout option that has everyone buzzing is Pumpkin Spice French Toast. This delectable dish is the perfect marriage of all your favorite autumnal flavors, encapsulated in a breakfast staple.
At first glance, Pumpkin French Toast may seem like your regular French toast – but think again. It’s an upgraded, spice-filled version that brings the much-loved pumpkin flavors to your breakfast table. Nutmeg, cinnamon, and of course, pumpkin puree, all come together in a glorious fusion that will make your mornings feel like a special occasion.
Not all pumpkin breakfast recipes are created equal, and this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. What sets it apart? It’s not just a pumpkin breakfast recipe; it’s a culinary experience. From the first bite, you’re transported to a world where the leaves are always orange, and the air smells like bonfires and freshly baked pies.
And for those of you who love hosting brunch or cooking a special family breakfast, this Pumpkin Spice French Toast is a surefire way to impress your guests. The best part is that it’s a versatile dish, perfect for both casual mornings and festive gatherings.
Are you searching for the ideal recipe for Pumpkin French Toast? I promise it’s easier than you think to whip up this masterpiece. All you need are a few ingredients, a dash of love, and a sprinkle of fall spirit.
So why settle for plain French toast when the Pumpkin Spice version is just a recipe away? Treat yourself and your loved ones to a scrumptious pumpkin breakfast that encapsulates the essence of fall.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Pumpkin Spice French Toast, you will need …
- butter or oil – for greasing the griddle.
- pumpkin purée – do not confuse this with pumpkin pie mix. They are not the same. You want 100% pumpkin.
- eggs, maple extract, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and milk – these ingredients combine together to form the yummy mixture we’ll dip our bread into.
- white bread – for best results, choose a thick-cut variety.
- shallow dish and whisk – to combine the wet ingredients.
- griddle or skillet and spatula – for cooking the French toast.
How to make Pumpkin Spice French Toast
Combine batter ingredients. In a shallow dish, whisk together all ingredients except the bread.
Heat and grease griddle. Grease a griddle pan with butter or oil, keeping the pan on medium heat.
Coat bread. Take a slice of bread, and dip it into the egg mixture on both sides, allowing the excess
mixture to drip off.
Cook. Place the coated slice of bread on the griddle and cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook until golden brown on the second side. Repeat with the remaining bread.
Garnish and serve. Just before serving, top the French toast with whipped cream, syrup, and cinnamon if desired before enjoying.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast: FAQs
Not at all! The recipe for Pumpkin French Toast usually requires the same basic ingredients as standard French toast, plus a few extras like pumpkin puree and spices. The steps are simple, making it an accessible pumpkin breakfast recipe for cooks of all levels.
Yes, you can! Many people prepare the egg and pumpkin mixture the night before, leaving the bread to soak overnight. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully, saving you time in the morning.
Feel free to get creative! While maple syrup is a classic choice, you might also consider toppings like whipped cream, pecans, or even a dollop of pumpkin butter for extra richness.
Storing leftovers of this delicious pumpkin breakfast recipe is simple. Place the cooled slices in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. You can also freeze them for up to two months. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat in the oven or microwave.
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin. You’ll need to roast or boil the pumpkin until it’s soft, and then blend it into a puree. Keep in mind that fresh pumpkin might have a higher water content, so you may need to adjust the other liquid ingredients in your recipe accordingly.
The choice of bread can significantly influence the texture and flavor of your Pumpkin Spice French Toast. Thick-sliced bread like brioche, challah, or sturdy sourdough tends to hold up well and soak in the pumpkin-spice mixture effectively.
Certainly! It is an excellent choice for brunches, family gatherings, or holiday events. You can prepare the pumpkin and egg mixture in a large bowl and use a large griddle or multiple pans to cook multiple slices at once. Some people even use a baking sheet in the oven to make a large batch.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices thick-cut white bread
- butter or oil, for the griddle
- maple syrup, whipped cream, pecans, pumpkin butter, etc., for serving
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, maple extract, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and milk until well combined.
- Grease a griddle pan with butter or oil, and heat the griddle on medium heat.
- Take a slice of bread, and dip it into the egg mixture on both sides, allowing the excess mixture to drip off.
- Place the battered bread on the griddle and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- To serve, place two slices of French toast on a serving plate, and if desired, top with whipped cream, syrup, and cinnamon.
- Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- It is important to really whisk the eggs so you don’t get scrambled egg bits in your French toast!
- Storing leftovers is simple. Place the cooled slices in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. When you're ready to eat, simply reheat in the oven or microwave.
- To freeze - allow the slices to cool completely. Place a sheet of parchment paper between each slice to prevent them from sticking together. Then, store the slices in an airtight freezer bag or container. When you're ready to enjoy your frozen Pumpkin Spice French Toast, you can either thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or go straight to reheating. If you opt for the latter, you can use an oven set at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 to 15 minutes, or use a microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through. You might also consider reheating it in a skillet over low heat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 slices of French Toast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.