These Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are so quick and easy to make. Make them ahead, freeze, and reheat to make busy mornings fuss-free!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Summer is coming to a close and kids are heading back to school. I don’t know about you, but that means I need to get back into planning breakfast and lunch ideas.
My mornings are usually a bit hectic even without school being in session. I need quick and easy meal solutions … and I’m guessing you appreciate those kinds of recipes too!
My kiddos love French toast but to be honest; I don’t always have the time or motivation to get up even earlier to make it for them before school starts. I love that this Air Fryer French Toast recipe is so simple. In the mornings, when I have the time, it’s easy to make up a batch – or two for extras throughout the week.
You’ll need a few simple ingredients for this Air Fryer French Toast recipe – Texas toast, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla. I have a Philips XL Digital Air Fryer, but any air fryer will work.
You’ll start by cutting the bread into 3 strips. Then you’ll dip them into an egg mixture. Finally, you’ll sprinkle them with a cinnamon-sugar mixture before air frying them to breakfast perfection.
If you want to make these ahead, you totally can! Freeze them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet then transfer them to a freezer safe container or zip-top bag. I’ve included reheating instruction in the recipe card below for your convenience.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 12 slices Texas Toast
- 1 cup milk
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Slice each bread slice into thirds.
- In a bowl, add the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip each breadstick quickly into the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture onto both sides.
- Place into the air fryer basket and cook at 350°F for about 8 minutes or until just crispy.
- Remove from basket and allow to cool. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
To cook from frozen:
- Toaster Oven/Bake: Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Griddle: Heat Griddle to 325°F. Heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Microwave: Place French Toast Sticks on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High for approximately 1 minute (3-4 sticks). Microwave ovens vary greatly, use these instructions as a guide only.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 183mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g