Salted Caramel French Toast – An easy and delicious way to start your day! Great for brinner (breakfast for dinner) too!
Just to tell you how crazy life gets sometimes, these pictures are from July. JULY, y’all. This post? It was meant to go up in July also, since that’s when the pictures were taken! But, I forgot about it … and a few other posts. Good intentions, bad follow-through.
Life happens, that’s for sure. And maybe, forgetting these pictures and post was a blessing in disguise?! This is a busy time of year for everyone with the holidays, so finding these pictures was definitely a nice surprise! I actually had no post scheduled for today – but now I am able to share this easy and delicious Salted Caramel French Toast with y’all. Funny how things happen sometimes!
We enjoyed this for a Sunday breakfast (clear back in July) – funny how seeing these pictures brings me back to this day. It was the weekend after the 4th of July to be exact. I remember because it was right after my birthday! I had some leftover salted caramel sauce from a different recipe and decided it would be delicious on top of our French Toast. Amazeballs. Definitely a hit – which reminds me, I need to make this again soon! 🙂 Christmas is coming – maybe we’ll have it again then!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla caramel flavored liquid coffee creamer or milk
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 12 slices day-old bread
- Powdered sugar
- Salted Caramel Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the creamer or milk and brown sugar; stir well to combine.
- Dunk the bread slices in the egg mixture, carefully flip over to coat.
- Lightly oil a griddle or frying pan and preheat it over medium-high heat. Brown slices on both sides.
- Remove French Toast to a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 356mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: