Are you looking for an Easy Tuna Mac n’ Cheese recipe? You need to try this one! Not only is it super easy, your family will love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Easy Tuna Mac n’ Cheese
I don’t know about y’all …. but sometimes, I need quick meals. It’s really not optional. Saying that our life is busy, is an understatement. I’m sure many of y’all have a similar sort of “chaos” at your house! 🙂 I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with taking shortcuts every now and then- and this Easy Tuna Mac n’ Cheese is one of those meals that I turn to when time is short.
This dinner idea gets a quick start with the blue box Mac n’ Cheese – ya know the stuff that most kids love! Add some canned tuna, peas and a little extra Cheddar cheese and you’ve got yourself a kid-approved meal. And the best thing?! It uses things you probably already have in your pantry and fridge!
When I was a kid, I had an aunt who used to watch my brothers and I. One of the things I remember her making for us, is this dish – probably because of how easy and affordable it is – and the fact that most kids love mac n’ cheese! I hope y’all enjoy, too!
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz. each) Mac and Cheese dinner
- 1 can (15 oz.) sweet peas, drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 tbsp.) butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-3 cans (5 oz. each) tuna in water, drained
- Remove the cheese powder packets from the macaroni and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Cook the noodles for 7-9 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes that the pasta cooks. Drain.
- Return the pasta and peas to the pan and add the butter, milk, cheese powder, Cheddar and tuna. Stir well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 851mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g
Originally published on August 26, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.