I don’t know about y’all …. but sometimes, I need quick meals. It’s really not optional. Saying that our life is busy, is an understatement. I’m sure many of y’all have a similar sort of “chaos” at your house! 🙂 I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with taking shortcuts every now and then- and this Easy Tuna Mac n’ Cheese is one of those meals that I turn to when time is short.
This dinner idea gets a quick start with the blue box Mac n’ Cheese – ya know the stuff that most kids love! Add some canned tuna, peas and a little extra Cheddar cheese and you’ve got yourself a kid-approved meal. And the best thing?! It uses things you probably already have in your pantry and fridge!
When I was a kid, I had an aunt who used to watch my brothers and I. One of the things I remember her making for us, is this dish – probably because of how easy and affordable it is – and the fact that most kids love mac n’ cheese! I hope y’all enjoy, too!
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz. each) Mac and Cheese dinner
- 1 can (15 oz.) sweet peas, drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 tbsp.) butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-3 cans (5 oz. each) tuna in water, drained
- Remove the cheese powder packets from the macaroni and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Cook the noodles for 7-9 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes that the pasta cooks. Drain.
- Return the pasta and peas to the pan and add the butter, milk, cheese powder, Cheddar and tuna. Stir well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 851mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g
Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved