Hi friends, I’m Paula, but my friends call me PMc. I blog at Call Me PMc about easy to prepare recipes for busy families, time management and exercise tips, with a little crafts and DIY projects. I would love for you to come visit.
I want to thank Jamie for allowing me to guest post today. Love Bakes Good Cakes was one of the first blogs I followed and Jamie has become a wonderful friend.
This Fresh Apple Cake is one of my very favorite cakes… to make and to eat. I like it best made with Gala or Golden Delicious apples. I have also made it in a bundt pan, as shown, in a sheet pan with Brown Sugar Icing and in 3 eight inch layers with Cream Cheese Icing. It never disappoints. I hope you enjoy it!
Fresh Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 c cooking oil
- 2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c pecans, chopped (optional)
- 3 c apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Brown Sugar Icing
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/4 c evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the cake:
- In a large bowl of a mixer, cream the oil, sugars, and eggs. Add vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, and salt into another bowl. On low speed, blend one cup at a time into the creamed mixture. Fold in pecans and apples by hand. Pour batter into well greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes. Leave in pan for at least 1 hour before removing to allow cake to set.
Ice with brown sugar icing.
For the frosting:
- Boil sugar, butter and milk for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Beat with spoon until it cools.
- Pour over cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1322Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 759mgFiber: 3gSugar: 109gProtein: 10g
Thank you again Paula for coming over and sharing your Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Icing. I do hope y’all will take the time to stop over to Paula’s blog, Call Me PMc and tell her hello. 🙂
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved