This Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is a deliciously sweet treat perfect for summer potlucks or fall gatherings. Apples and Snickers candy bars are combined with a creamy pudding mixture, then drizzled with caramel, it’s sure to go over well with everyone you know!
Table of contents
Caramel Apple Candy Salad
Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is a common dessert recipe here in the States, kind of! I’m sure this is a recipe most of y’all have either had or at least know about. It seems most families have their own variation.
For me, this ranks high on my favorite sweet “fluff” type salads. Although it doesn’t have marshmallows like many sweet salads, it’s still full of yummy goodness like apples, candy bars, pudding, Cool Whip, and caramel! It’s a total treat!
It almost feels wrong calling this recipe a salad, doesn’t it?! But that’s what we grew up calling it. I love that this Snickers salad is versatile enough to be a side dish, yet sweet enough to be a dessert. It’s not something we have too often, but it’s a real treat when we do!
With how easy and delicious this Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is, you’ll want to serve this up all fall long – or heck, all year long! I often share this recipe at potlucks!
Is it a salad? A side dish? A dessert? All three?! No matter where you classify it, this Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is a treat for all ages! I hope you enjoy it!
Snickers Salad: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Caramel Apple Snickers Salad recipe, you’ll need …
- milk, vanilla pudding mix, and Cool Whip – this forms the sweet “base” of your salad. If you don’t have or like Cool Whip, any sweet whipped topping will do.
- snickers – chopped to bite-sized pieces. This is one important half of the salad, since it is a Snickers salad, after all!
- apples – cored and chopped. The OTHER important half of your salad! You can use any of your favorite kinds for the recipe. Note that if you want to prevent browning on the apples, dip them in lemon juice beforehand – they’ll stay nice and fresh-looking!
- caramel sauce – this is your salad’s “dressing” and you’ll add it after it’s done chilling in the fridge!
- large bowl – to mix your Snickers salad, of course!
Snickers Apple Salad: FAQs
Only about 10 minutes give or take. You’re just going to mix the ingredients! However, be aware you’ll have to chill the salad for about 2 hours to let the flavors settle!
It should make 10-12 servings, depending on portion size, of course! Still, even with big portions, this recipe should feed the whole family more or less!
I like using a tart/sour kind of apple, like Granny Smith! You can also use other sweeter types like:
– Golden Delicious
– Red Delicious
Any of your favorites should be good, as long as they’re somewhat crisp!
Oh, lots! I suggest trying …
🍫 – Chocolate chips
🍯 – Graham crackers
🍡 – Marshmallows
🍌 – Other fruits, like bananas or grapes
🍬 – Toffee or other chopped-up candy bits
🥜 – Nuts, if no one’s allergic, like chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts!!
I also know that some people put this on top of a pie crust, and while I haven’t tried it, it’s apparently out of this world tasty!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (5.1 oz.) vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 regular size Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 4-5 medium-size apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix, and Cool Whip until well combined.
- Stir in the candy bars and apples.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When it is time to serve, drizzle the caramel sauce over the salad or over individual servings.
- The best apple choices are tart/sour apples like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji.
- Looking to try some different add-ins? Try chocolate chips, graham crackers, marshmallows, other fruits like bananas or grapes, toffee or other chopped-up candy bits, or nuts, if no one’s allergic - like chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts!!
- Try using this salad as a filling for a no-bake pie! It's great in a graham cracker crust!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on October 4, 2016. Updated on July 6, 2022.