Who needs a pot of gold when you have this fun Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark? It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or anytime you want a cool, minty treat!
St. Patrick’s Day isn’t a big deal in our house. We don’t “celebrate” it per se. Growing up as a redhead, I have probably heard every Irish joke known to man – and many people assume that if you have red hair, you’re Irish. I was over that (and kind of over St. Patrick’s Day) when I was about 5!
But, having young children in my life, I do like to do fun things on St. Patrick’s Day from time to time. It’s just a good excuse! Plus, Saint Patrick’s Day food is fun. 🍀
And y’all know kids love anything that has to do with candy, cookies, and bright colors! Heck, I’m an adult, and I like them too!
This Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark is full of tasty, colorful treats on a minty vanilla base, and it’s enough to make anyone feel Irish every year.
If you make this bark, I guarantee it won’t last long in your house. It definitely didn’t with my family!
So if you need ideas for St. Patrick’s Day food, get in the spirit with this simple treat! Enjoy it!
Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark recipe, you’ll need …
- vanilla CandiQuick – this is an easy-to-use brand of chocolate perfect for making home candy. You don’t have to use this exact brand, though. Any meltable candy-making chocolate should do the trick.
- mint extract – NOT peppermint extract, y’all! Just regular mint. This will provide that yummy St. Patrick’s Day flavor to your bark.
- M&Ms, Oreos, sprinkles – your bark toppings! Coarsely chop them up so there are big hunks in the bark.
- baking sheet – lined with waxed paper, so you can easily make and break your leprechaun bark.
How to make Bark Candy
First, set up your supplies. Basically, just line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set it aside, then melt the CandiQuick according to package directions.
Next, make your bark. Add the mint extract to the CandiQuick and stir it until it’s combined. Then spread the melted CandiQuick evenly and thinly on the waxed paper with a spatula. Top the candy with M&M’s, Oreos, and rainbow sprinkles. Using the back of a spoon, a spatula, or your hand, carefully press the candy, cookies, and sprinkles into the bark so they adhere to it.
Finally, enjoy your bark! Allow the bark to cool completely. Once it’s cooled and the candy re-hardens, break it into pieces and eat it all up!
Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark: FAQs
This recipe takes about a half hour. 10 minutes of that is prep time, and 20 minutes of that is melting/cooling the candy (depending on the brand you end up using). It’s a fast treat for your favorite people!
Between 1-1.5 lbs.
I don’t recommend it. It’ll chill faster, but it won’t break as easily, though it may amuse your kids to see you slamming a huge hunk of chocolate against the counter, so …
Some other goodies to include …
– Andes mints
– finely chopped nuts of any kind
– any mint-flavored cookies out there
– dark chocolate, anything!
– gold sprinkles
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 package (16 oz.) vanilla CandiQuick
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract (NOT peppermint)
- 1 cup mint M&M's, coarsely chopped
- 10-12 mint OREO's, coarsely chopped
- rainbow colored sprinkles, if desired
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt CandiQuick according to package directions. Add the mint extract and stir until combined. Spread the melted CandiQuick evenly and thinly on the waxed paper with a spatula. Top with the M&M's, Oreos, and rainbow sprinkles. Using the back of a spoon, a spatula, or your hand, carefully press the candy, cookies, and sprinkles into the bark so they adhere to it.
- Allow the bark to cool completely. Once cooled and the candy re-hardens, break or cut it into pieces.
- I do NOT recommend chilling your bark in the fridge to make it set up faster. It makes it harder to break or cut.
- Looking for some additional add-ins? I suggest Andes mints, finely chopped nuts of any kind, any mint-flavored cookies out there besides the Oreos in the recipe, and/or anything dark chocolate!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on March 6, 2014. Updated on January 30, 2023.