This Italian Style Skillet Dinner is an easy to make recipe that your whole family will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Italian Style Skillet Dinner
I am so excited to welcome Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner. Deb is one of many of my blogging friends that I hope to meet in real life! She is a great friend and I am so thrilled to have her here today! Be sure to stop by her blog and enter to win the NINJA Supra Kitchen System that she is giving away!
Hi, I’m Deb and I blog over at Cooking on the Front Burner. I’m excited to be here with Jamie today as part of the #EatHealthy15 meals! Jamie and I have been friends for awhile now and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her and her blog. There is always some tasty recipe here I want to try or a question I want to ask and Jamie is always there for me! Thanks friend!
Petti di Pollo con Verdue e Riso
Today I’m sharing this lower calorie dish called Petti di Pollo con Verdure e Riso or as us non-Italian readers would call it, Breast of Chicken with Vegetables and Rice. Last year I went on a community education trip called A Passion for Trashing… which really meant we went to consignments stores looking for treasures. I tend to look for old cookbooks and found one called The Lighter Side of Italy. That is where today’s recipe came from with just some slight tweaking.
The big test in my house is with my taste tester I call the DIY Guy and he happens to be 100% Italian. This Italian Style Skillet Dinner passed with flying colors and will now be put in the rotation. Plus what I really LOVE about this dish – it’s in one skillet! Can be made in and served from too! How slick is that!
Thanks for having me Jamie! If you are looking for another healthier meal, want to be lighter on calories, and be Big on taste? Then this Chicken Piccata is the one for you!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts cut in 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot but not burning then add chicken and quickly brown then lower heat to medium.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini - saute 5 minutes (if needed add a bit more olive oil).
- Add the seasonings, chicken broth and wine then stir in rice.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes uncovered until the rice is "tender-firm".
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped fresh parsley
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 272mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g