This Baked Mustard Chicken with Lemon Caper Rice is an easy weeknight dinner … very little prep work and lots of flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Disclaimer: Blendtec provided blenders for the giveaway and the three hostesses for review purposes. No other compensation was received, and, as always, all opinions are my own.
Baked Mustard Chicken with Lemon Caper Rice
Welcome to #EatHealthy16 where over 30 bloggers are coming together to share recipes to help you with your start 2016 off on the right track with food that is nutritious and delicious. Brianne of Cupcakes & Kale Chips will have healthy snacks, Jamie of Love Bakes Good Cakes will have healthy meals, and Jenny of The Melrose Family will have healthy desserts, so make sure you follow the #EatHealthy16 hashtag throughout the month of January for tons of inspiration!
We are also excited to be giving all of our readers a chance to win a Blendtec 725 blender and Twister Jar, an over $750 value. Be sure to head over to A Dish of Daily Life to enter! You have through February 5, 2016, to enter. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18 years of age and older. Winner must respond via email with a valid shipping address within 48 hours of being contacted or another winner will be selected. Good luck!
Today, I am welcoming Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life to share a recipe for #EatHealthy16. After you grab the recipe, be sure to head over to her blog and enter the awesome Blendtec giveaway for a chance to win! 🙂
Making the chicken
Hi, this is Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life, here to share with you a family favorite with a new twist. I typically pan fry my chicken for this dish, but in this case, I oven baked my chicken for a healthier version.
I used chicken thighs for this dish, but you could use any chicken breasts or drumsticks as well. You’ll be coating the chicken in the mustard mixture, then dredging them in a breadcrumb mixture before baking. I serve this chicken with a rice topped with a lemon caper sauce that I make all the time (and we spoon it over the chicken too!). This chicken dish is easy, healthy, delicious, and kid-friendly.
More healthy recipes from A Dish of Daily Life
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
For the Baked Mustard Chicken
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
For the Lemon Caper Rice
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For Baked Mustard Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In one bowl, mix the mustard, crushed garlic and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, melted butter, lemon zest, dried oregano and dried basil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then dip in mustard mixture. Then place mustard coated chicken thighs in the bread crumb mixture and coat the chicken. Place breaded chicken thighs on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through. The bread crumbs will be a golden brown.
Rice with Lemon Caper Sauce:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a separate saucepan, melt your butter. Add your garlic. Once your garlic starts to sizzle, add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat, add your capers, and cook until sauce is reduced by about half.
- Remove the wine sauce from heat, add the lemon juice and parsley and stir to mix.
- Spoon your lemon caper sauce over the rice and chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 704mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g