Happy Birthday America and to me! The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love the patriotism … the celebrations … seeing families together … the BBQ’s, cookout and picnics … the parades and fireworks … just everything about it. I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th. Below is one of my favorite songs … perfect for Independence Day!
- 2 blocks (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Tang drink mix
- 1/4 cup cherry drink mix
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 9-in. graham cracker crust
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Non-pareils, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the 1/2 cup sugar, Tang, cherry drink mix, flour and vanilla. Mix well. Add sour cream and eggs; mix well. Spread the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from the oven. Turn the heat to 450° F.
- Mix topping ingredients and carefully spread over cheesecake. Return cheesecake to the oven for 5 minutes to set the topping. Remove from oven and sprinkle with non-pareils, if desired.
- Let cheesecake cool 30 minutes on the counter, then chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftover in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 239mgFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g