Fire up the BBQ and make these Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings! Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with smoky flavor. Perfect for your next cookout.
Table of contents
- Delight Your Taste Buds with Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken Wings: Ingredients & Equipment
- How to make Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings
- Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe: FAQs
- How to reheat wings
- Other recipes you may enjoy
Delight Your Taste Buds with Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings
When it comes to BBQ delights, few things can match the tantalizing taste of grilled chicken wings. And if you’re in the mood for something truly special, look no further than our Crispy Chicken Wings recipe for the ultimate BBQ experience.
Grilled Chicken Wings: The Ultimate BBQ Treat
Grilled chicken wings are a beloved classic at any BBQ gathering. But what sets our recipe apart is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. We’re talking about Crispy Chicken Wings that are irresistibly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe: A Flavor Explosion
Our recipe for grilled chicken wings combines simple yet flavorful ingredients to create a mouthwatering masterpiece. With a dash of smoked paprika and a hint of onion salt, these wings offer a perfect balance of sweet and savory. The secret to their crispiness? A light coating of cornstarch transforms them into golden perfection on the grill.
Recipe for Grilled Chicken Wings: Easy and Versatile
Whether you’re hosting a BBQ bash or just looking for a delightful weeknight dinner, this recipe for grilled chicken wings fits the bill. And here’s the best part: it’s incredibly versatile. You can enjoy these wings as they are, or if you’re a fan of saucy goodness, you have the option to coat them with your favorite BBQ sauce.
These Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings aren’t just an appetizer; they can steal the show as a main course when paired with a fresh salad. Plus, any leftovers can be stored for later enjoyment.
So, if you’re on the hunt for the perfect recipe grilled chicken wings, look no further. Our Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings will satisfy your cravings and leave your taste buds craving for more. Get ready to elevate your BBQ game with this delectable treat!
Grilled Chicken Wings: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Crispy Chicken Wings, you will need …
- frozen chicken wings – thawed. If desired, fresh wings can also be used.
- onion salt – or regular table salt, if you prefer.
- smoked paprika – or sweet paprika for a hint of sweetness.
- your favorite BBQ sauce – optional if you want your wings coated in sauce.
- grill and tongs
- small mixing bowl
How to make Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings
Dry wings. Pat dry wings and place them in a large bowl.
Coat wings. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, onion salt, and paprika. Coat each wing with the cornstarch mixture.
Marinate. Refrigerate the coated wings.
Prepare grill. Prepare the grill for indirect heat and add smoking wood for extra flavor. Heat grill to 250°F.
Cook covered. Place wings directly on the grill. Cook for 30 minutes with the cover closed.
Increase temperature and continue to cook. Increase temperature to 400°F and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Remove from heat and add sauce if desired. Remove wings from the grill. If desired, coat the wings with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Allow the wings to rest, then serve. Rest the wings for 5 minutes before serving.
Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe: FAQs
These chicken wings get their crispy texture from a light coating of cornstarch. When grilled, this coating turns golden and crispy, giving you that perfect crunch with each bite.
The internal temperature of the chicken wings should reach a minimum of 165°F for safe consumption. However, for extra tenderness, it’s recommended to let them reach at least 180°F. The wings will be both safe and delicious at this temperature.
Absolutely! These Grilled Crispy Chicken Wings are versatile and can be served as appetizers with your favorite dipping sauces, as part of a larger meal with sides, or even as a main course alongside a fresh salad.
If you have leftovers, place them into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator once they have cooled off. They should stay fresh for a few days.
How to reheat wings
Oven or Toaster Oven:
- Preheat your oven to around 350°F (175°C).
- Place the leftover wings on a baking sheet.
- Cover the wings with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
- Reheat for about 10-15 minutes or until they are heated through.
- For extra crispiness, you can remove the foil during the last few minutes of reheating.
- Preheat your air fryer to around 350°F (175°C).
- Place the wings in the air fryer basket, making sure they’re in a single layer.
- Reheat for 3-4 minutes, checking occasionally to ensure they don’t overcook.
- While the microwave is the quickest method, it may not maintain the crispiness of the wings.
- Place the wings on a microwave-safe plate and cover them loosely with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe paper towel.
- Heat them in short bursts of 20-30 seconds, checking after each burst to prevent overheating.
- Microwaving can make the wings soggy, so it’s best for convenience but not for maintaining crispiness.
Grill or Stovetop (Skillet):
- You can also reheat wings on the grill or stovetop for a different flavor profile.
- Heat a grill or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Place the wings on the grill or in the skillet and heat for a few minutes on each side until they’re heated through and have a slightly crispy exterior.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 3 lbs frozen chicken wings (about 15 wings), thawed (fresh wings can also be used)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons onion salt (or regular table salt)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or sweet paprika for a hint of sweetness)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, optional
- With clean paper towels, pat the wings dry and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, onion salt, and paprika.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the wings and coat each wing.
- Refrigerate the coated wings while the grill preheats.
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat and add smoking wood for extra flavor. Heat the grill to 250°F.
- Place the wings on the grill and cook for 30 minutes with the cover closed.
- Increase temperature to 400°F and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Remove wings from the grill.
- Serve immediately, or, if you prefer, coat the wings with your favorite BBQ sauce and then serve.
- If you have leftovers, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator once they have cooled off. They should stay fresh for a few days.
- The internal temperature of the chicken wings should reach a minimum of 165°F for safe consumption. However, for extra tenderness, it's recommended to let them reach at least 180°F. The wings will be both safe and delicious at this temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
BBQ Tool Aluminum Carrying Case, Deluxe Grill Set, 20-Piece
Char-Broil 4-Burner Cabinet Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1261Total Fat: 83gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 2959mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 58g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.