This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Get your game day grub on with these Asian Sticky Wings! They’re the perfect appetizer or snack food! #12bloggers
Are you excited for football season?! I have to be honest with y’all …. I don’t give a hoot about the games, I’m just there for the food!! Isn’t tailgating or homegating food the best?!
In the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, we love our wings! We’ve tried a variety of sauces from traditional Buffalo to things like honey BBQ, Spicy Maple, Ginger-Soy, Margarita (yes, that is a thing!), to these Asian Sticky Wings! Although we love them all, these Asian Sticky Wings seem to be a favorite of everyone in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house!
This sauce is not too sweet, not too hot, not too vinegary ….. it’s just right! Of course, on the occasion where I want it to be a little more spicy, it’s easy to up the amount of Sriracha sauce! Not only are these wings great for game day, but we enjoy them for an occasional dinner!
As you know, this is the 12th of the month so some of my bloggy friends and I get together to share 12 themed recipes all including 12 ingredients or less! I’m kinda excited about this month in particular because I picked the theme!! 🙂 I knew y’all would be looking for game day food and there is nothing better than some good ol’ chicken wings recipes! Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to see all of the yummy chicken wings recipes!
For the wings
- 4-5 lb. chicken wing segments
For the sauce
- 1 jar (7 oz.) Hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2-1 tsp. Sriracha (aka Rooster) sauce
For the garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds and/or sliced green onions, for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray well with cooking spray. Divide the wings between the two baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the wings are done, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a medium or large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow to boil until it thickens slightly - about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the wings have finished cooking, place them in a large bowl and pour the sauce over the top. Coat well with the sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 761Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 379mgSodium: 1219mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 62g
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these fun parties!