This Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread is the perfect accompaniment to dinner! Serve it warm or at room temperature – either way, your family will love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread
I wanted to make some kind of bread with our soup – it’s kind of a given – soup with sandwiches or soup with some kind of bread or rolls. Since we were having a cheesy potato soup this particular night, I thought a cheesy garlic bread would be perfect with it – and boy, does this one deliver! And it’s easy too!
Since this is a quick bread, you don’t have to worry about messing with any yeast. You just mix the ingredients, pour it into a pan and bake. Easy peasy!
Slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 3 cups self-rising flour ( see note below)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the milk, oil and egg. Stir the wet mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-66 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
*** Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1½ teaspoons baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2773Total Fat: 114gSaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 312mgSodium: 5425mgFiber: 11gSugar: 70gProtein: 82g