This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli. The opinions and text are all mine.
Put an Italian spin on the classic sloppy joe sandwich with this easy Garlic Bread Italian Sloppy Joes recipe! Your family will love this easy dinner idea! #MyTuscanTable
When it comes to menu planning, there are two things about my husband that make him very predictable – he loves Italian food and it is often requested in one form or another during the week. And if he doesn’t say Italian food when I ask him what he wants for dinner, he usually says something like, “when was the last time we had sloppy joes?” He really is this simple … and not much help when it comes to menu planning! LOL. As much as I love the traditional sandwich, sometimes I like to change things up a bit! Why not let him have both of the foods he enjoys? Using Bertolli Riserva Marinara with Parmigiano Reggiano, Italian sausage, and frozen garlic toast – I was able to whip up an Italian-style version of a family favorite!
This is a milestone year for the Bertolli brand! They are celebrating 150 years of delivering delicious, high-quality Italian-style foods inspired by their authentic Tuscan heritage. Americans are invited to join in celebrating Bertolli brand’s rich, authentic and delicious heritage, 150 years in the making. To join the celebration, discover 150 ways to bring Tuscany to the table and more by visiting www.villabertolli.com. Fans can experience the Italian love of life and food, plus stay up to date on the latest Bertolli news by following the brand on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. For each #MyTuscanTable share during the month of October, Bertolli will donate funds to help No Kid Hungry feed kids in need 10 healthy meals*, with a minimum donation of half a million meals.
*This amount is based on the individual experiences of grant recipients. Contributions will be used to reach the highest number of children facing hunger in America. Share Our Strength is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
The New Bertolli Riserva Pasta Sauces are Tuscan-inspired and made with a select blend of unique, specialty ingredients that pair beautifully to elevate the taste of any meal! They are made from the finest ingredients like imported Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, and porcini mushrooms – the sauces are so deliciously complete that adding other ingredients simply isn’t necessary! The sauces bring the taste of Tuscany to the table and can be served with pasta, chicken, and other Italian-inspired dishes!
- Asiago with Artichokes: Aged Asiago cheese and tender artichokes are paired for a delectable, savory experience; suggest serving with farfalle pasta or chicken.
- Balsamic with Caramelized Onions: Aged balsamic vinegar and sweet caramelized onions create a delicious, tasty, tangy experience; suggest serving with fusilli pasta or chicken.
- Marinara with Parmigiano-Reggiano: Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano and extra-virgin olive oil marry with freshly crushed garlic and vine-ripened, freshly crushed tomatoes to create a sumptuous classic sauce. Use it as you would your favorite marinara.
- Porcini Mushrooms with White Truffle Oil: Shade-grown porcini mushrooms and decadent white truffle oil create an indulgently rich taste experience; suggest serving with fettuccine pasta or chicken.
These super-premium sauces have no artificial colors and use imported ingredients. You can find Bertolli Riserva at select grocery and mass retailers nationwide or by visiting their store locator at www.villabertolli.com. The suggested retail price is $5.99 per 24 oz. glass jar.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed (if applicable) OR 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups Bertolli Riserva Marinara with Parmigiano Reggiano (more or less to taste)
- 8 slices frozen garlic toast
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Cook and crumble the Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in Bertolli Riserva Marinara with Parmigiano Reggiano. Allow to simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic toast according to package directions.
- To serve: Divide the sausage mixture over the cooked garlic toast. Top with Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 671mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g
This dinner was not only easy but absolutely delicious! It was a nice change of pace from the traditional sloppy joes! This Garlic Bread Italian Sloppy Joes recipe got 12 thumbs up – 2 thumbs up from each of us! That’s a winning recipe in my book!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: